Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-13-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: 10/20 KJs

[ QUOTE ]
I have a backdoor straight draw, a backdoor flush draw, an overcard K and with his aggression number a J may be good; I could semibluff the A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not semi bluff the turn here? Not like we hate it.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The preflop raise is neither terrible nor mandatory in middle position, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. With an opponent that loose, with the chance of having a dominating hand, buying position, forcing out hands like AJ or KQ that might have us in very bad shape, exploiting our big-hand value if the blinds come along, and so on and so forth...

Make not raising here bad in my opinion.

I guess it's kind of close because I'd probably limp KTs, but I'm always raising KQs, AJs, often raising KJo (probably 60% against a loose limper here) and so on.

Edit: I misread the post. MP1 is not the 31 villain. Most everything still applies though. I'm raising this against basically everyone.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:40 AM

It seems like at 10/20, everyone always thinks everyone else is full of sht (cause they usually are) so you this bluff is unlikely to fold a Q, but I still think it's close enough to be interesting considering SB. If it was HU it would be incorrect.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:09 AM

this is a pretty scary board.. 3 handed..

i think the raise was right on the river to get the SB out.. but it also opens up the BB to 3 bet it because he has been betting the whole way on a scary board.. you're probably facing a Q here or maybe JJ?
Old 12-14-2005, 04:19 AM

The flop call is very close, I think I would fold. Headsup I would call.

The river I would have checked; I think the chance that SB folds a better hand is very small. I have seen people coldcalling these kind of bets with 3rd pair instantly so I don't make them anymore. Besides I think that BB probably has you beat, he has been betting into 2 people all the way.
Old 12-14-2005, 04:26 AM

i understand trying to squeeze the sb out, but what makes you think he needs to be squeezed out in the first place?
Old 12-14-2005, 04:55 AM

jason only you can know if this is correct. what is this guys WTSD number? Will he give you credit for AK often enough to ditch his hand? Also, did you ever consider simply folding the flop?