Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 08:04 PM

Default I forgot how much Paradise sucks!

With Party limiting the number of 30/60 tables I have been revisiting some of my old sites looking at the bigger games.
After playing the 40/80 for much of the day at Paradise, I just can't take the slowness of the software.

Is it that hard to upgrade to something reasonably comparable to other major sites?

Obviously, just a rant, but I don't know how anyone can put up with this site with the alternatives.

-SC
Old 08-16-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: I forgot how much Paradise sucks!

[ QUOTE ]
With Party limiting the number of 30/60 tables I have been revisiting some of my old sites looking at the bigger games.
After playing the 40/80 for much of the day at Paradise, I just can't take the slowness of the software.

Is it that hard to upgrade to something reasonably comparable to other major sites?

Obviously, just a rant, but I don't know how anyone can put up with this site with the alternatives.

-SC

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure many share your sentiments with regards to their slow software. Being slowrolled on the internet is the suxors. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2005, 10:40 AM

Yea I don't care much for their software either, but I do like when you knock someone out of a tourney and they like blow up. The smoke comes up and they disappear. Kinda cool.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:08 AM

I currently have $240 in uncleared bonuses on Paradise, which I am slowly clearing in my 'spare poker time' and the play there is so s-l-o-w compared to other sites it is almost unbearable at times and the slowrolling is ridiculous. But the effects they have are kinda interesting I guess like the trail of smoke you get when you drag a pot for example. But going from Party to Paradise makes me feel like I am going from 2005 back to 1985 or something. The software isn't really too bad looking overall - But - it is so s-l-o-w it almost makes me go on tilt while I'm waiting for the slowroll when the winner of the pot is declared. They need a MAJOR speed increase and they need to ax the slowrolling nonsense.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea I don't care much for their software either, but I do like when you knock someone out of a tourney and they like blow up. The smoke comes up and they disappear. Kinda cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah man that is awesome
Old 08-17-2005, 10:56 PM

so i just downloaded paradise and logged on and i can't see any holdem games. something wrong?
Old 08-17-2005, 10:57 PM

got it
Old 08-18-2005, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...I do like when you knock someone out of a tourney and they like blow up. The smoke comes up and they disappear.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. And don't forget the little beveridge you can order. I do like to play with a cigar stinking up the place on the table next to me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2005, 04:22 AM

good
Old 08-18-2005, 04:33 AM

It really is amazing they can't fix the site's many problems considering how long it has been around.

The littlest problem amused me the most, when I signed up and typed in my email address, it was too long to fit into the field. Two emails to support resulted in unhelpful form letters, so I ended up having to change my NETeller email just so the damn things could match.

It is the silliest most trivial problem, but it sure didn't make me any more receptive of their slower, tighter games.