Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Festa al Lago....Gigabet is weak tight at heart.

[ QUOTE ]
I had 72o,

[/ QUOTE ]

This does not seem likely. Not only is it a junk hand, but it is a famous classic junk hand. Most readers, being poker players, have a feel for what is plausible.

I think this leads people to question whether you really had JTo in the main hand being discussed.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:46 AM

I played lots of junk hands, and even had to show some of them down. Do you really think i use hand selection for a foundation of my game? Go look at the live updates from the world series, at pokerwire. See if you can find a premium hand that was shown by me. You could make it a game, kind of like Where's Waldo.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I played lots of junk hands, and even had to show some of them down. Do you really think i use hand selection for a foundation of my game? Go look at the live updates from the world series, at pokerwire. See if you can find a premium hand that was shown by me. You could make it a game, kind of like Where's Waldo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen you show down plenty of extreme junk hands. However, if you said you had 85o, it would be more plausible than 72o.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think he shows his final stack at the EOD to justify his laydown as he has EV in the tournament. Sure he has EV, but how much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

I think a lot of other people also justify his play by saying, "look how many chips he has now."

Think of how many he could have had!
Old 10-21-2005, 12:08 PM

i think, if your going to limp in then you have to go with it when you hit a big hand. if your going to fold to pressure then why not raise preflop or just fold? When you limp its relying too much on luck and the weakness of the other player. sick fold.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:45 PM

Well I get hard-ons reading some of your HHs but I hate the way you played this the whole way.

On the flop you make a pot size bet (a little over for the sticklers, yes but not much). I'm guessing this has been a common move for you throughout the tournament and is the play you would be expected to do postflop by Dan. Dan now overbets the pot. What hands can you put him on here? Considering your extrememly lag image a very wide range I would say. Dan uses his tight image to his advantage and is defintely going to try to exploit it against a LAG like you who will even laydown monsters in this situation.

AA-QQ, KQ, Q9, 89s, Any Jack, A Ten w/ an over, T3, 33, and a pure bluff.

I feel you give him credit for having a much narrower range of hands then he actually has. You were mainly concerned with 33, and while the TJ presents draws on the board from Dan’s POV I don't think it is likely he would push a set this hard since right now he has no information on the strength on your hand. With a raise this big he is likely to get you off a hand. With a smaller raise you will likely call and lead the turn. However, since this is being played on a very high level you get a lot what does he think, I think, he thinks, I think and on and on so reads, the players mindset, and all the previous hands become crucial but just viewing it on paper I’m trying to do what I can.

When the turn comes you lead again and Dan puts in a respectable raise. This narrowing his range down to:

AA-QQ, AJ, KJ, QJ, JT, J4, J3, T3, 33

The only hand in this range that beats us is 33, which I felt Dan wouldn’t be likely to play that way on the flop, but again I’m going from one cold hand with no other info so your reads are better then what I can say. The problem is the way this was played the only way to further define is to re-raise which will get AK-AJ, AA-QQ and leave the hands JT, J3, 33, and J4 and T3 which you hadn’t mentioned. I feel you’re ahead here. Regardless of what the river is it will likely be an expensive street to see the showdown and your fold came simply down to an ICM evaluation in your eyes, which I can understand, but I feel you made the incorrect choice.

I think you failed to define your hand and gave Harrington too much credit for a holding. I haven’t had any sleep in four days but once I’m rested I’ll post some potential alternative lines and do some work on the ICM (or someone else can save me the trouble and do all of this while I sleep) and everyone can go from there.

On a side note you’re somewhat of a professional idol to me so if you could let me know what you think of my reasoning now and in the future or just point out everything I type is incoherent babble that would be cool.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:53 PM

I mean no offense, but Harrington outplayed Darrell on this hand.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean no offense, but Harrington outplayed Darrell on this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably true, and also nothing to be ashamed of.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this was anyone but Gigabet there wouldn't even be a discussion except maybe to post this pic:

[/ QUOTE ]

spot on
Old 10-21-2005, 04:04 PM

I don't think Dan played that well. I think Darrell played the hand poorly.

Like many, I still am not sure if I believe this post because its so ... unsavory.