Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 05:36 AM

Default Making the Final Table by Erick Lindgren

I just finished this book and it was not too bad. I bought it as an add on book to qualify for free shipping at amazon, so I wasn't expecting a lot. Lindgren goes through the process of qualifying for a WPT via super satellites. He takes you through the stages of the tournament, from beginning, to the middle stages, the bubble, final table, heads up. He even goes into winning, paying taxes and where to buy a house.

The book was quite short and I thought he went into too much detail on buying a home and what to do with your money. As thorough as some sections were, he left out chopping and making a deal, which I would have found interesting. I guess this book is geared toward specifically making the final table of a WPT event, so no chopping allowed. The book also lists page after page of all of the WPT money winners...such a waste of space.

His style is a lot different than I usually play, but that's why he is WPT player of the year and I'm not. He advocates getting a lot of chips or going bust. His only intention when entering a tournament is to win it. I'm not quite sure most people are comfortable risking all their chips on the bubble in a $500 or larger buy in tournament.

In the end, I'm thinking a lot about what I read and will probably read it again. If anyone else has read it, is this book great or crazy?? Some of it seems to conflict with other books I have read, so it is was good in that it provided some new information. Not sure how good that information is yet.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Making the Final Table by Erick Lindgren

This is just anecdotal evidence, but a buddy of mine (already a good player) said he read it and tweaked his game a bit last week. He got 4th place (and 13K) out of 1100 players in the Friday Special tourney on PP.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Making the Final Table by Erick Lindgren

I will try some of the stuff out once I read over it one more time. Sounds like it would be an effective way to play tournaments when you make the moves at the right time.