Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 02:55 AM

Default Well i turned a set BUT!

Really have no idea about this one, does any body bet the flop? Have no idea about the turn.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Hero (t1400)
CO (t1450)
Button (t2030)
SB (t1370)
BB (t1280)
UTG (t1470)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t70</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls t60, BB calls t50.

Flop: (t210) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t210) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t435</font>, Hero folds, SB calls t360.

River: (t1080) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t775 (All-In)</font>, SB calls t775.

Final Pot: t2630
Old 11-12-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Re: Well i turned a set BUT!

You raised preflop, so a 1/2 pot bet on the flop after their checks will take this down much of the time. your turn fold is good. it looks like SB has AQ and BB has Qx.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:05 AM

Good fold.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:25 AM

good fold? i say lame post. this is an easy fold. just because you would have hit the boat doesn't mean you should have considered calling. you were getting nowhere near the odds to hit your boat or quads. lame post IMO.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:51 PM

Since you're last to act, I would have bet the flop, 1/2 to 2/3 of the pot. Then you can check the turn if possible, to get a free card to fill up in this case, or hit a straight otherwise. If you're not in position, I would probably check-fold the flop.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:59 PM

You have the 3 of a kind and the last card give you the full house so why would you think you need to fold? You think bad guy have to JJ? This is not likely. I do not understand [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 02:08 PM

I don't think you gain anything by betting 1/2 to 1/3 of the pot, because of the strong drawing nature of the board. If you're gonna lay down a bet at all, I think you gotta lay down a pot-size bet minimum to force these chase hands to pay incorrectly to draw. But TT here isn't even strong enough to lay this type of bet down IMO, so I like the flop check.

Betting here for a "free card" isn't really worth it here...you have 3 out to improve to a 1 card straight that doesn't put a potential straight-flush on the board and your 2 set outs put a 4-straight on the board. This is pretty much a dead hand and I'm not putting any money in to this pot unless a non[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] queen comes up(and even then it isn't the nut straight [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ). Checking this flop gives you the only free card you want or need here.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have the 3 of a kind and the last card give you the full house so why would you think you need to fold? You think bad guy have to JJ? This is not likely. I do not understand [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He folded the turn fool.

These bad beat posts are getting on my nerves. Let me guess: you made the right move on the turn, your TT was no good (to a straight) and you would have won the hand on the river? And now your looking for sympathy?
Old 11-12-2005, 02:12 PM

You have to call a pot size bet on a 9-out draw with someone to act behind you still. You're possibly getting implied odds here heads-up, but sandwiched here between the raiser and the initial bettor you can't call this raise. Easy turn fold.