Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Truly Blessed : Rambling

Your baseball team has been truly blessed with umps that seemingly can't make a correct call ever.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We are arguing semantics. If he said great deal of relatives, I wouldn't of been thrown off.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, i was not aware we were arguing semantics.

family = relatives

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this is my last post in response to you in this thread. The people I know use the term relatives to describe extended family. If somebody says family it normally is used to describe immediate family. Yes, I know they are technically the same, but they aren't used that way in everyday context. When people say "I'm going to hang out with the family" vs. "I'm going to hang out with the relatives" it normally means 2 different things. Why you had to make that last post I don't know. It's not like you said anything constructive.

Maybe this is just a regional thing. Kind of like how peachy uses papa for gandfather while nobody I know uses it for anything other than dad.

Sorry for hijaking your thread GoT.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:47 PM

had my heart broken by my first love.

That was the worst - nothing ever came close to that -

RB
Old 10-19-2005, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your baseball team has been truly blessed with umps that seemingly can't make a correct call ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clarkmiester, please change your avatar back to the two chicks NOW!

[ QUOTE ]
Heart broken by first love

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a pretty low point in my life, other than that I really can't think of anything.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clarkmiester, please change your avatar back to the two chicks NOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had a lot of requests for it. I'm likely to leave this one for a bit, then go to Chief Illiniwek for the Illinois basketball season. It'll be back eventually.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:03 AM

leave that one for a while, or at least until bball season. that pic of pujols is absolutely [censored] badass.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
leave that one for a while, or at least until bball season. that pic of pujols is absolutely [censored] badass.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's going nowhere for now. Unlike most on these forums, I don't disappear when my teams lose.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:19 AM

I thought this was going to be a music thread by the title.

Anyway, my brother almost died from kidney complications when I was younger but I was so young that it actually didn't hit me too hard. Recently I went through 4 months of back pain and only now have I just found the cure for it. Somehow I have a common problem that almost no spine doctor could determine, even Columbia University, go figure. When I say backpain I mean lots of pain, basically not doing anything at all, including not eating because when you are in pain food isnt really important, so I've lost 15 pounds [150 -> 135, not like I was heavy]. Standing in the middle of your room at 4am because you can't sit or lie down because it hurts too much, while at the same time overexausted from sleeping 4 hours in 3 days you really have nowhere to go but up. It really forced things into perspective. When you have trouble making it from one day to the next and constantly keep telling yourself that you wish you were dead it makes you appreciate your health and your body in general so much. It also made me have much more empathy for old people because I literally walked like them. I must say though that because of my faith it was really a rewarding experience. I have a much richer understanding of others who have and are going through physical pain. I really avoided talking about my pain to anyone for so long because I hate to come off as whining, but I just felt compelled to finally write that out. Hope it isn't seen as complaining, it has been beneficial to my character.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:01 AM

two come to mind.
1) crohn's disease. Numerous hospitilizations, two surgeries, medicine with bad side effects. Overall though this was a character building experience. Especially because of strong family and friends.

2) parents getting divorced. They had a very unpleasant divorce. My mom hated my dad for a while. Was very hard especially when my family used to be so close and supportive. Kind of felt like the ground was being ripped out from underneath me. I have long recovered from this.

Overall I have a pretty sweet life, with no real tragedies.
Old 10-20-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We are arguing semantics. If he said great deal of relatives, I wouldn't of been thrown off.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, i was not aware we were arguing semantics.

family = relatives

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this is my last post in response to you in this thread. The people I know use the term relatives to describe extended family. If somebody says family it normally is used to describe immediate family. Yes, I know they are technically the same, but they aren't used that way in everyday context. When people say "I'm going to hang out with the family" vs. "I'm going to hang out with the relatives" it normally means 2 different things. Why you had to make that last post I don't know. It's not like you said anything constructive.

Maybe this is just a regional thing. Kind of like how peachy uses papa for gandfather while nobody I know uses it for anything other than dad.

Sorry for hijaking your thread GoT.

[/ QUOTE ]

larry david is that you??