Default Re: Cheating Online?

[ QUOTE ]
Do the sites protect against this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Empire is trying...
Old 07-20-2005, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He most likely pinged your ISP then used rakeback to stick an affiliate in your computer which could give him your hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Is there anyway to prevent this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, there really isn't. Affiliates are malicious programs once you get one on your hard drive. Proactively, I'd recommend a good firewall, but as for now, you're looking at a reformat. Thats why the "Internet Message Board" has a "No Affiliate Zone" stickied at the top, we don't allow cheaters here!
Old 07-20-2005, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do the sites protect against this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Empire is trying...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah they are the only ones who are really striking back at this kind of nefariousness.

Mack
Old 07-20-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is there anyway to prevent this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sunglasses

[/ QUOTE ]

and a Tin Foil hat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tin foil sunglasses. There's a fortune just waiting to be claimed.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:23 PM

Actually I have played online poker for about 2 years and have han my share of wins and loses. I have never felt like i was being cheated until this one sng last night. Again, Im not one to blame losing on someone cheating and I did finish 2nd. Its not like i busted out first hand and claimed someone cheated me.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:47 PM

Drew,

Let it go, no one here will ever indulge the premise that someone can see your cards online.

Later

PG
Old 07-20-2005, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually I have played online poker for about 2 years and have han my share of wins and loses. I have never felt like i was being cheated until this one sng last night. Again, Im not one to blame losing on someone cheating and I did finish 2nd. Its not like i busted out first hand and claimed someone cheated me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps if you were serious about this suspicious loss you would paste some HH's and allow us to see for ourselves, rather than just posting that you think you were cheated. Until you provide better details, my guess is that you have become a predicatble player and easy to read, hence the feeling that your opponenets can "see your hole cards." If you're so good that there is absolutely no way there can possibly be a leak in your game, then, yes, clearly you must be getting cheated and the whole friggin internet poker world is out to get your 10 bux.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:59 PM

I never claim to have a perfect game. I dont think everyone is out to get me. As I have posted several times, this was a one time thing. There have been several other posters who explain that cheating like this can be and is done. So thanks for your useless post.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never claim to have a perfect game. I dont think everyone is out to get me. As I have posted several times, this was a one time thing. There have been several other posters who explain that cheating like this can be and is done. So thanks for your useless post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reread what those posters wrote and see if you can sense a slight bit of sarcasm in those posts. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You've played online for two years and arn't passed the "OMG I LOST, ONLINE POKER IS RIGGED!!!" stage yet? I call BS.

Welcome to my ignore list.