Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Poker Share

[ QUOTE ]
but they changed things recently (and it seems obvious that it was UB that changed their mind on this).
Hence, the problem.

you are not supposed to have an account at pokershare now if you have one at UB seems to be what they are driving at.

The question is, if I set up a pokershare account on a different computer...and then just log-on to that account on my computer via the UB client (since I can't even HAVE the pokershare client on my computer) then will I be getting the same pokershare points and what-not?

Because things have changed so quickly with the UB/pokershare relationship I'm not sure ANYONE truly knows the answer to this question.

Guess I should have set up my pokershare account when I was still able to. But obviously I didn't anticipate that they would change it all around after only a few weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will post back in a few days if I actually receive share points through the UB client.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:40 PM

groovy.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:28 PM

so whats the deal with pokershare? Any chance of playing if you already have a UB account?
Old 10-21-2005, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but if I can't even install the pokershare client on my own computer then how do I play there.

Great...I can set up my account on a different computer...but it still won't let me play on my own, will it?? (unless I can log-on to my pokershare account via the UB client).

[/ QUOTE ]

You might have to go into your RegEdit and clear some UB entries in order for it to work. Uninstall will not geteverything. Good Luck!

The Poker Fanatic
Old 10-21-2005, 12:16 AM

If you wanna play on pokershare, youll need the "Wife" to make an account. You'll also need to do it on a clean computer
Old 10-21-2005, 12:34 AM

yeah, i tried that. but couldn't find the UB entries after I uninstalled it.

I think it left something behind somewhere (like party did in the calculator application that you could delete via redegit) but obviously if I don't know where to find it I can't delete it.

I really don't think it's worth the hassle.

It's NOT a matter of just installing it on a clean computer or using it under a different name.
If i can't even run the application on my computer then I can't get there even AFTER I set-up an account.

Thus, I would need to know if I get the points even if I play via the UB client...and if this is the case then I'll consider setting up an account on a different computer.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:37 AM

Didn't work for me.

I tried a clean computer and a clean email address. It then sent me an email validation code.

Then when I put in my personal information ie. name and address, it said I already had an account. I think they are no longer allowing you to have a UB and pokershare account.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:49 AM

Yeah I had this same problem last night (wouldn't let me install the PokerShare client), so I e-mailed Pokershare to ask them what the deal was, and this was the reply they sent:

<font color="red">
Thank you for your inquiry.

As you are an existing player on the Poker Network, Poker Share is not available to you unless certain conditions are met. This is a network of great poker sites including the following: Aviation Club de France, Green Tie Poker, DV8 Poker, Ultimate Bet, PokerShare, Pinup Poker, and several others. Please refer to the attached document for more details.

Do not hesitate to contact us in case you need additional information or further assistance.
</font>

The attachment is just a form asking for a bunch of personal information, including a photocopy of my drivers license and a credit card or utility bill, with instructions to mail it all to an address in Canada. [censored] that.

I'm going to e-mail them back and ask them why they want all of that, and what that has to do with any requirements for setting up an account, but at this point I think I'm going to write off Poker Share &amp; maybe UB as well.

Mack
Old 10-21-2005, 12:47 PM

How can somewhere have so many skins and so little players.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will post back in a few days if I actually receive share points through the UB client.

[/ QUOTE ]
The answer will be no. You can't get share points via the UB client, or via a UB account using the Pokershare client. You need to play under a Pokershare account using the Pokershare client.