Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 04:07 AM

Default 1010 - Too aggressive?

I've been on a pretty wicked downswing lately, mostly by having calling stations destroy me with silly holdings. I'm just starting to question a lot of my actions lately. BB seemed pretty solid, 24/10/2.75 over about 35 hands. UTG is a calling station, 52/0/.35 over about the same sample.

Eurobet, 5max, $2/4 (input manually)

Hero is CO with 10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG calls,1 fold, Hero raises, button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls

Flop 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [6.5SB]
2 checks, Hero bets, BB raises, UTG calls, Hero 3 bets, BB calls, UTG calls

<font color="blue"> I figured this is a perfect flop for my hand. I figured BB could be raising with a big 7 or 8, like A7s or K8s. I also wanted to charge any str8 draw as much as I could. </font>

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [~7.5 BB]
2 checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG calls

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img][~10.5BB] BB]
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

I don't particularly like the river check. I really had a feeling that I was up against a random 2 pair by that point that I pummeled into submission earlier, and my str8 draw didn't come in.

Was this play pretty standard (except not value betting river)?

Edit: Added river card
Old 12-04-2005, 04:23 AM

Default Re: 1010 - Too aggressive?

someone usually has a [blank] here. So the [blank] of [blanks] on the river probably killed your hand.

Seriously, nice play until the river, but I'm almost certainly betting whatever it was.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:25 AM

Ya, what's the river card?

Doesn't matter much, easy bet.

Edit:
saw the river

I don't see people getting here with a 6 enough not to bet the river. Sometimes I call a raise sometimes I fold depending on the read clearly. Absent a read my default is call.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:25 AM

Sorry, fixed the river. I really hated my river check.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:25 AM

The river probably calls for a bet, but I feel ya with the check and running bad. Since I got on the new Eurobet at the 2/4 5 Max I am on a cool 110BB downswing myself. And the tables there dont seem that great, I keep running into a bunch of 25/20s and they are just killing me...

C-Dog
Old 12-04-2005, 11:08 AM

yeah bet the river, sorry about the downswing you'll pull through.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:23 AM

i like a river bet here. everytyihg else looks shipshape.

how do you find the Eurobet tables? I may come there after clearing stars.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:27 AM

--blind response--

I like everything but the check on the river. I think if you bet you may have to fold to a raise though.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

how do you find the Eurobet tables? I may come there after clearing stars.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's pretty much exactly what I did, but moved through 2 other Pokerroom sites &amp; bonuses before the $600 match at Euro.

The tables should be a goldmine. They're full of like 45/0/1 players, 80/20/2, or some guys in between. You find another TAG every now and then, but I've basically been getting schooled by the calling stations. I've pretty much had a lot of +/- 25BB sessions where I'll either come up big or lose big. This is my first long losing/breakeven streak (about 12k hands), but I think it's mostly due to a nice downswing right after the Party split. Oh well, I'll work through it, I just really hate second guessing sound decisions.

It's not uncommon to find a table that's average pot size it over 5BB at the 2/4. Also, if you're going to spend any amount of time at the PokerRoom sites, search on here for the PokerRoom table mod. Someone was kind enough to get rid of all the chairs, makes it so much easier to concentrate on the action. PM me if you can't find it. Sorry for the mini-venting.

B
Old 12-04-2005, 01:29 PM

no trouble about the venting, downswings make us mad [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

If i can't find the mod i will PM you. I think i'll do Eurobet before i move to UB.

Thanks!
Pete