Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 12:42 PM

Default KJo on the button

Party 3/6 6-max (6-handed)

MP posts a blind.

I have K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] on the button.

UTG limps, MP checks, CO raises, I 3-bet, BB calls, UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls.

I 3-bet because CO is way over-aggressive and laggy. He has limp-reraised 3 players with K8o. PFR > 35% in this session. The other guys seemed loose but other than that I don't know.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (13SB)

BB bets, UTG calls, CO calls, I call.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8.5BB)

BB bets, UTG calls, CO folds, I call.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (around 12BB)

BB checks, UTG checks, I check.

About the river, I bet and get called by what? A busted draw with a jack? Plus the pot is big and I want to show down. I don't know.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:46 PM

Default Re: KJo on the button

[ QUOTE ]
About the river, I bet and get called by what? A busted draw with a jack? Plus the pot is big and I want to show down. I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the way the action went any pair pays off here. I expect one person to have a weaker J, and the other guy to have a flush draw a whole lot here.

I think any J or T pays off. I'll pay off a C/R if it's HU. I really don't think people have an A here very often.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:54 PM

I bet here, I don't see anyone getting tricky for these reasons :

A) they can't expect a c/r because netiher you, nor UTG has shown any aggression other than preflop

B) after playing that way, they aren't checking KQ and they aren't checking any ace / set.

C) no flush has filled so no reason to get scared

I think you have the best hand 95% or more here, when you get c/r you can re-assess but I think you get called by a lot of hands here. QQ and KK would be happier because it is now less likely that anyone has an ace.

True
Old 12-17-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think any J or T pays off. I'll pay off a C/R if it's HU. I really don't think people have an A here very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. I guess tend to ignore the fact that as the pot gets big they'll want to showdown more too, it isn't only me that am afraid of being bluffed out of lots of bets.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:00 PM

I'm pretty much convinced already. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 03:38 PM

pretty easy river bet.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:52 PM

I think it was played fine. It would suck to get c/r'd (tho not likely), so I'd rather take a free SD and get some more info, hopefully take the pot.