Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2004, 07:23 AM

Default Empire VIP club good for something

I just got "promoted" to Empire's fabled VIP-club, and decided to use some of my ill gotten points to order some poker books. (They have four on offer, two of which are from 2+2). I checked with them that there wouldn't be any hidden costs such as postage or anything. After I ordered HEPFAP for my brother and Daugherty and McEvoy's New Player No-Limit book I was informed that the delivery would take 4-6 weeks across the Atlantic.

To my great surprise both books arrived in perfect shape yesterday after only six days including the weekend! And I think Daugherty has signed his book as well but the signature might be printed, I haven't checked it properly yet.

Even though I agree that it seems hopeless to actually earn enough points to enter the VIP-club manually, I have been pleasantly surprised this far! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2004, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Empire VIP club good for something

Yeah, i got upgraded too, I don't what criteria they used for this though, b/c i only have earned about 600 points, so I was nowhere near 5k... but it seems like the way they do it, with Epoints = sqrt (raked hands), it would take forever to get there manually. I can't image too many people have played 5k ^ 2 (25 mil. hands)

I must be missing something in their formula though?? maybe its raked hands per session?
Old 11-18-2004, 09:01 AM

Nah, it is supposed to be sqrt of #hands played per day, but I guess that sometimes someone decides that "we need another 100 VIP-players" because of some corporate agenda... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2004, 10:07 AM

It's raked hands per day.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's raked hands per day.

[/ QUOTE ]

so SnG's dont count? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2004, 01:51 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

Actually SNG's do count and they score better than raked games do. The formula is regressive for ring games but linear for tourney's.
Old 11-18-2004, 01:52 PM

Are you sure SNG's count? I've played over 20 so far, along with some ring hands, and I only have 141 points. I thought I had close to that just from ring.

nick
Old 11-18-2004, 09:16 AM

Geez, I've got 2100 points or so and I haven't been upgraded. No free books, no $50, no prestige and recognition that this elite club bestows.

I'm bitter!
Old 11-18-2004, 09:43 AM

I'd earned about 1400 points when the magical upgrade arrived.

The good news is that I now earn nearly worthless points TWICE AS FAST.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:52 AM

Good post--I checked and found out i have 6000+ bonus points that i wasn't even aware of. Decided to order the NL book like you but I am absolutely incapable of getting the shipping address onto the checkout page. I just want to use the same address that's on my account, but see no way to get it in there--just that stupid arrow pointing down and to the right????????? Emailed Empire support but have gotten no answer; and if I do it will probably be something like "enter it from our address book"---yes, but HOW??? If you can help me with this, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks, Izaak [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Edit note--I could have sworn I sent this as a PM!!!!!--imagine my surprise to see it on the forum page--too much bonus whoring makes Izaak a dull boy . . .