Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2005, 01:01 PM

Default 2nd hand

I'm just throwing some hands out there to see what the esteemed panel at two plus two thinks. Gotta get a better game.

I think I did this correctly. . .

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
Old 12-27-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Re: 2nd hand

Against an unknown it's safe to fold the river.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:04 PM

wow, that's probably where I've been losing lots of money then. My default is to call on the river, especially against an unknown, in that situation.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:06 PM

I would check/call river to save a bet with the scare card on the river. My guess is he had a open ended str draw with a couple of suited pocket cards.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:10 PM

I say fold the river. Not too many players at this level are going to pull a checkraise bluff on the river.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:14 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

[ QUOTE ]
wow, that's probably where I've been losing lots of money then. My default is to call on the river, especially against an unknown, in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

don't take it to the other extreme, however. that is, don't get so high on making "big" river laydowns that people take shots at you because you fold marginal hands when raised on the river. 2/4 players are less observant, but it is my experience many of them will try hopeless bluffs way too often and you will, to an extent, feed this fire by folding. all i am saying is call enough to keep them guessing.