Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 07:04 PM

Default Huge pot

would you get out of this pot? how about the other streets?

Party Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls, CO calls, BB calls.

Flop: (18.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (13.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, BB calls.

River: (25.20 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 33.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Jc As (straight, ace high).
UTG has 9c Tc (straight, king high).
Outcome: BB wins 33.20 BB. </font>
Old 12-12-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Huge pot

Definitely cap the turn.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:10 PM

*grunch*

Preflop seems pretty standard.

I might have been inclined to 3-bet the flop. UTG might raise with anything here, though I'd say TPTK or a set. 3-betting gives you the best chance at isolating UTG and winning the pot.

Given the way you played it, I'd have capped the turn.

Lame river card, but I think the flop 3-bet might have gotten the straight draw out of this pot.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:15 PM

can i push a straight draw out with 3-betting on the flop. i doubt it, the pot is already 9 big bets.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:15 PM

I'm gonna go with:

(1) Cap preflop
(2) Cap the turn
(3) Add UTG to your buddy list

You were doomed to lose money on this hand. Sometimes that's just the way it is.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:16 PM

Why did you just call the flop? 3-bet unless you have a plan or a read on UTG that he's only capping with AA.

Cap that turn all day long.

Wow, the river sucks. Good fold.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lame river card, but I think the flop 3-bet might have gotten the straight draw out of this pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one who was calling 2 on the flop is going to fold for 3.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:21 PM

Although you might not get them to fold in this large pot, 3-betting has the best chance of any play here of protecting your equity. Getting even the CO (who we haven't heard from yet) to fold increases your equity by a goodly percentage, which is excellent in a pot this large. Getting any player to fold in this large a pot is a huge advantage, add to that the possibility that you have the best hand (and the corresponding possibility that UTG is raising something like AK UI) and it seems like the best option to me.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:22 PM

Also, don't post results, but this:

[ QUOTE ]

UTG has 9c Tc (straight, king high).

[/ QUOTE ]

is why you should never stop betting when you have the nuts, even when you're "sure" you're splitting the pot with the other guy.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:28 PM

thanks for the input. i had a feeling i was playing it too loose.

cracker: why not post results? they are in white, after all. i agree with your conclusion.