Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-15-2005, 05:48 PM

Default Incredibly bizarre player behavior, then wishy-washy floor decision

Commerce 20/40. I'm not in the hand (anymore).

Three players at the river. The button has been the aggressor. The dealer burns and turns the river, and the button leans his chair back on its back legs. The first guy to act (EP) checks. The second guy to act (MP) checks. The button then notices the action is on him and slowly leans his chair forward on all fours and hunches over the table, muttering, "let's see here" and takes the chip off his cards so he can look at them, still covering them with his hand.

EP then mucks, MP turns his cards face up and asks button, "Show! show!" And button thinks for at least 5 more seconds, then puts 8 yellow chips on the line.

EP and MP furiously protest that he checked and can't bet now that MP's cards have been shown. Button protests that he never checked. The dealer is stymied and says nothing, so button calls the floor over.

MP and button are arguing loudly about it, with button absolutely shrieking that he should be able to bet at this pot. The floor calms everyone down just long enough to find out what happened. He eventually says there was too much action before button bet, meaning the EP's muck and MP's showdown, so the bet will not stand and button needs to just show his cards.

Button gets really angry and this and says he won't accept it. He wants to see a supervisor and wants to see the videotape. Then he proposes to MP that they both chop the pot instead of showing down. MP doesn't like this idea, and says "If you bet, I'm gonna call you." So the floorman listens to this new deal, and says, "OK, if you wanna bet, go ahead. I will let him call you, and then we'll show cards."

Button hates this plan even more. He protests one more time, and the floorman tells him he can't have it both ways. He now simply demands that button show his cards. Finally button stands up out of his chair and fires his cards face down into the muck.

Now MP starts yelling that he wants $40 from button, but the floorman laughs it off and leaves. MP rakes the pot. Button tilts off the rest of his chips in 20 minutes.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Incredibly bizarre player behavior, then wishy-washy floor decision

Hi Joker,

Dealer's to blame, what else is there? He/she should have controlled the action and stopped EP/MP from mucking/showing. I'm also guessing that the dealer didn't speak very fluent english and/or could not understand the situation too well. I see this so often that it baffles me how Commerce lets this continue.

PM me and tell me who the floor was.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Incredibly bizarre player behavior, then wishy-washy floor decisio

I also forgot to mention that the floorman warned the button that to next time call "time" if he's going to take that long to make a decision, and not mislead the other players into thinking he has checked.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:55 PM

Button sounds like a douche.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Joker,

Dealer's to blame, what else is there? He/she should have controlled the action and stopped EP/MP from mucking/showing. I'm also guessing that the dealer didn't speak very fluent english and/or could not understand the situation too well. I see this so often that it baffles me how Commerce lets this continue.

PM me and tell me who the floor was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats bull. As a dealer how do I stop a player from mucking out of turn. If the action on is on the button and I'm waiting for the button and all of a suddin the next player mucks, what I am supposed to do as a dealer? turn back time? Depending on how much time passed between the muck and the next guy flipping his cards maybe the dealer could have prevented that, but the OP didn't tell us and I suspect it was proably immediate. About thye best I can do here is warn the players to act in turn.

The floors decision here was terrible, there was not substantial action here. One player folded --- to no bet and another player flipped up his cards (thats not action). What you are doing here is giving the other players the opportunity to prevent button from acting.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone involved sounds like a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-16-2005, 12:33 AM

Hi psandman,

If you read closely, I did not refer to his mistake as something that all dealers do, I referred it specifically to Commerce. Don't take this personal, please. Joker and I frequent the same games, so we both know the quality of dealers that are at Commerce.

I agree with your opinion on the floorman's decision. I asked Joker to PM me the name of the floor, and I reaffirmed that he is not the best floorman around.
Old 11-16-2005, 02:01 AM

I'm actually mostly dissapointed that the floor changed his mind twice and obviously didn't make it clear to MP what would happen if he did beat the button (or maybe he did which is why he laughed it off)
Old 11-16-2005, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Button sounds like a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or a turd sandwich.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone involved sounds like a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except PJ, who seems like a reasonable fellow...