Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2005, 03:32 AM

Default Nut straight faces two cold on the river when board pairs

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (15 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero ???
Old 04-09-2005, 05:27 AM

Default Re: Nut straight faces two cold on the river when board pairs

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (9 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (15 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Hero ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Calls.
Old 04-09-2005, 06:48 AM

i would also definately call in this situation. is that the proper play?
Old 04-09-2005, 07:27 AM

A call is definitely in order here. Give the action, im not worried about the limper, i almost guarentee you he has Q8-QT. Its the sb im concerned about. What i want to know is why did the SB only call you on flop, then bet out again on turn and only call, then bet out again on river??? i hate the stop and go play, i really don't think its very good poker to implement it. I seriously put SB on QJ unfortunately...but given the fact that you're not worried about limper having boat and almost positively have him beat, a call is definitely in order. good luck at the tables. *edit* the sb didnt just call you on the flop as we was forced to because of the cap..i just realized this. He bet out again on the turn because he still liked his hand...then he wised up and thought you may have a set or AQ for higher two pair. Then the board pairs queens and now he really likes it. Im guessing either you called or folded and SB 3bets? I am almost certain the sb has QJ and the limper another weak queen...tough call to make. But either way i think a call is the right move in the long run. Good luck at the tables.