Default Re: (Video of me 20 tabling ) Final conclusions and results

The music was hilarious
Old 03-16-2005, 08:29 PM

links to video: http://temp.dallascbc.com/20_tabling_video.avi
or
http://www.pokermentor.net/ftp/20_tabling_video.rar

[ QUOTE ]
"Oh please! The Siege tanking micro was way more tedious than Protoss micro!

Of course, I normally just got lazy with Protoss and built as many Carriers as the unit limit would allow in the giant 8 player games I'd play with friends. Nothing is funnier than seeing two people conspiring to kill you as you take over the map, ganging up on one carrier fleet while sending another army to attack your other flank... just to find another giant carrier fleet waiting for them.

Ah memories... It was the cheesiest strategy known to man, but to implement it with the maximum number possible was beautiful."

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, I normally just got lazy with Protoss and built as many Carriers as the unit limit would allow in the giant 8 player games I'd play with friends. Nothing is funnier than seeing two people conspiring to kill you as you take over the map, ganging up on one carrier fleet while sending another army to attack your other flank... just to find another giant carrier fleet waiting for them.

Ah memories... It was the cheesiest strategy known to man, but to implement it with the maximum number possible was beautiful."

LOL, it's interesting how the must fun time in that game was also my noobies days playing BGH. Was having the time of my life and each fight seemed so epic, getting very skilled was fun too but in a different way. I think these same feelings apply to poker, like I don't enjoy it how I used to.

There's also something ironic about the stages of SC. Real noobies are like "carriers OMG <3", and then 1 step up the players are like, "stfu noob, carriers suck", but then somewhere in that final stage you realize that carriers do have legitamit uses

[ QUOTE ]
What app did you use to tape your moniter, I've been trying to figure this out for a while.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I used "my screen recorder 2.4". It was the best one I could find. Initially I used cam studio and netu2 mediaCam but resulted in even choppier movies.

[ QUOTE ]
Dam, I really wanted to find out how some of those hands ended. What a wild ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too lol, usually I didn't have time to see the outcomes of the hands

[ QUOTE ]
You have no idea what you're talking about sir.

Protoss were the macroing race, unless you're a Garimto-type it's Zerg and Terran that need the quick hand speed. That's why there are so few Korean professional gamers that Protoss. Hence the foreigners like Nazgul, Rekrul, and HellGhost (I think) playing as toss only.

Edit: What was your APM? I only hit 120 APM in a game less than 30 mins. In comparison for those wondering, progamers are typically 300+ though some manage to get by with 150+.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played SC for 2 years back in the day before the APM software was even out, was actually playing WAR III when it did come out.. They didn't even have replays back when I played lol,
The game seems to have changed a lot since back then, but you caught me anyway I wanted to compare 20 tabling to SC somehow and was hoping no SC experts would read it^^;; But anyway, why is toss macro, they have so few units? I just remember having to take care of the ones I did have, I would argue that macro is more important than micro for 20 tables anyway though:P

is it still T > Z > P > T? , I know that is over simplification, but it did have some substance to it when I played, the better player still usually won though

ps. those progamers with 300+ click each action 3 times ^^
Old 03-16-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

LOL, it's interesting how the must fun time in that game was also my noobies days playing BGH. Was having the time of my life and each fight seemed so epic, getting very skilled was fun too but in a different way. I think these same feelings apply to poker, like I don't enjoy it how I used to.

There's also something ironic about the stages of SC. Real noobies are like "carriers OMG <3", and then 1 step up the players are like, "stfu noob, carriers suck", but then somewhere in that final stage you realize that carriers do have legitamit uses

[/ QUOTE ]

Another legitimate use of carriers was to freak out drugged out floor mates in freshman year. They'd come back all on schrooms and I was playing a late night game against a friend who wanted to play me. So I had gotten bored and was just building carriers, and they all watch the carriers fly across the screen, each intently following them, and then all going "HOLY [censored] WHAT HAPPENED" when the fighters popped out.

And BGH, plz u noob! We made out own 8 player map of Europe. In this particular game I was in Morroco with the rest of North Africa and some of Spain full of expansions pumping out carriers. Absolutely awesome 8 player map as all the different countries you'd start in had distinct advantages and disadvantages and required different strategies, and different expansions let you basically have control of a big piece of the map. (Take the Corsica expansion and no one can expand to Italy, Swiss, Greece, take UK and no one can get to Iceland or Ireland easily.)

The best part of the CARRIERZ NOOB people was their tactics consisted of giant Archon rushes instead. HYDRAS NOOBZ complainers used guardians, it was almost universal. If someone hated one unit they only used one specific other unit. So of course when they saw a single carrier on your side they'd just go after the carriers assuming you had nothing else as you retreated back toward your base, and targeted a Templar attack right in their path.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:53 PM

So you're saying you played 11 hours straight? 50 hands/hr * 20 = 1000. 11k hands?
Old 03-17-2005, 06:40 PM

lol softcore revolt

no, I played it in about 3-4 sessions. My eyes getting too messed up if I sit at a computer for too long no matter how many tables I am playing.

no one has answered the only strategy part of my post yet, any takers?

"The only real way to get 2 bets in at .5/1 is to checkraise, but the chance of even 4-5 players letting it check through is scarily high, almost a herd mentality, so I had to make some hard decisions about when to go for it and when to not. What do you guys think? "
Old 03-17-2005, 08:21 PM

IMO, you didn't get any takers on your question because it is a poorly phrased question. What do we think about what? Whether check raising is the only way to get 2 bets in at $.5/1? Whether 4 or 5 players at $.5/1 are likely to check through? Please clarify exactly what you are asking if you expect some semi-intelligent responses.

[ QUOTE ]
lol softcore revolt

no, I played it in about 3-4 sessions. My eyes getting too messed up if I sit at a computer for too long no matter how many tables I am playing.

no one has answered the only strategy part of my post yet, any takers?

"The only real way to get 2 bets in at .5/1 is to checkraise, but the chance of even 4-5 players letting it check through is scarily high, almost a herd mentality, so I had to make some hard decisions about when to go for it and when to not. What do you guys think? "

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-18-2005, 04:42 PM

k sorry I am not a very articulate guy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] the thing about 4-5 players checking through was just an observation, and I was asking if I should take that chance since check-raising is really the only way to get more than 1 bet in at .5/1, very rarely do I see players raise. I know it's more of a qualitative than quantitative question.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:48 PM

OMFG!!!

I just had an epeleptic seizure watching that, MY GOD!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 03:58 AM

You sir, are my hero [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ponks
Old 04-09-2005, 04:34 AM

You guys are all fish. Zerg has the toughest micro of all. Have you kids even played Zerg vs Terran!!!