Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 04-19-2002, 08:42 PM

Default Should I go to the World Series?

I am a college student that has taken off this semester. From here on out, it will be graduation and grad school. I am 24 years old. I have family in Vegas and can stay for free. The only problem is my bankroll. As it stands, I could only afford to play in one of the "smaller" events, therefore I would not go with the intention of buying into a tourney directly. I would go with the intention of playing the smallest pot-limit and no-limit games I could find, and some low-medium limits in order to build my Bankroll a little for satellite buy-ins.

With only about 2 grand, is it a terrible idea to make the trip? I have been to Vegas with less and played low limits- walking away with a good profit. I know 2 grand is plenty for 4-8 and 8-16 at the Bellagio, and if there are any baby pot limit games I imagine I can do OK with what I got.

The thing is, if I don't do it this year I may not be able to for a long time. Right now, I have no kids, a flexible job, and relatively small expenses.

What would you do if you were me? I play on the internet in just about all the pot limit and no limit games available, and have had nice success. Are the games in Vegas going to be hard? Should I just wait until another year?

Thanks!
Old 04-19-2002, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Should I go to the World Series?

Take a shot, you only live once and you may never have this opportunity again. If you lose the 2 it is not going to change your life, but if you don't go you may regret it forever.
Old 04-19-2002, 10:35 PM

Default Re: go for it to the World Series?

get out there and enter a 1500 event...gl
Old 04-19-2002, 11:37 PM

Default Seize the day!

And treat it like the best "working" vacation of your life.

Old 04-20-2002, 03:31 AM

Default Re:You guys talked me into it! lol

I am going! After I finalized the tickets I felt much more sure about the decision. I can only stay until May 6, but I might be able to play a few satelites, and will certainly give the side games a shot. I will arrive on April 29th. If any of you will be there, I am the young guy with the gray hat and dark hair. Any info on smallish pot and no limit games going on would be appreciated!
Old 04-20-2002, 08:26 AM

Default Re:You guys talked me into it! lol

do not wus out..get into a real event...you will not be sorry...

there is a tide

in the affairs of men

which taken at the flood

leads to....

wsop champion....gl
Old 04-20-2002, 01:57 PM

Default Pot Limit

The Horesshoe has been spreading 5-5 holdem and omaha, 5-10 omaha and 10-25 omaha on a daily basis. I suspect that the limits will only increase now that the WSOP events have started.

I'm the tall thin blonde guy with a white "STL" or "I" baseball cap.
Old 04-21-2002, 02:41 AM

Default Stay Away From Binions

Anyone that would attend the World Series is a filthy rotten traitor. Screw Binions, screw their pro smoking policies, and screw the people that run the place the same way they have screwed everybody else. Stay away from Binions.
Old 04-21-2002, 03:43 PM

Default must be stuck $150K *NM*