Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 02:26 PM

Default NHL - Dallas vs Ottawa Tonight

Okay no more picks because my 2+2 picks have sucked [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
So maybe we'll just have some NHL discussion instead.

Latest line at Pinnacle is Dallas +195 vs Ottawa -215.

Latest news I have is that Ottawa will be starting Emery in net tonight. Havlet out and Spezza expected to sit out. Turco will start in net for Dallas and the rest of the team is pretty healthy. Dallas is coming off a 4-3 loss to Buffalo last night. Anyone think there is Value on Dallas tonight? Can Dallas win this game at least 34% of the time? I'm a homer so I am biased and think they can. Interested in other opinions.

Some other lines that look like they have value:
Vancouver -102
Boston +144
Montreal +132

Feel free to discuss any of them or post your analysis of another game if you like.

TheRake
Old 12-15-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: NHL - Dallas vs Ottawa Tonight

I think at +195, it's worth a bet. Yeah, the Stars played last night and it goes against MyTurn's system...but the Sens didn't look so good on their Western trip and I think Dallas can win this one.

As for the other games, nothing really jumps out. I would not take Vancouver on the road in Philly and I'm an Oiler fan so I won't be going against them by taking Montreal.

Man, maybe I should switch to pinnacle. I'm getting lower odds than those posted at both of my books (although I have Vancouver at even).
Old 12-15-2005, 04:20 PM

I haven't looked at the other games yet tonight, but I'm taking Turco & the Stars. I'm just waiting until I get home, see if the line gets any better. The Stars (and Turco) have been hot, and they played very well Saturday night. Ottawa hasn't been so good since their injury problems started.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:23 PM

Also, Redden will be out for the Sens tonight to. You might want to jump on the Stars now.

Kovalev and Koivu are out for Montreal.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:30 PM

damn... I bet Ottawa last night at -220
Stars are back-to-back road verse a fresh home game, so I cannot buck my system
Old 12-15-2005, 04:45 PM

I picked up the Stars at +198 for 1/2 unit from pinnacle shortly after I posted this. The line is down to +190 right now. I couldn't bring myself to put a whole unit on it, but I definitely think there is value.

Dallas did play last night, but they have been very good in back to back games this year going 5-0. It is hard betting against Ottawa though.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:56 PM

I have a couple other accounts, but bet at Pinny almost exclusively.

After I posted this Vancouver went to -109 so I took a pass on it. My numbers had Vancouver at about a -113 favorite, so didn't look like there was much value left in it.

Something else I didn't mention before was that Hockey Informer has Brian Finley as the probable starter for Nashville tonight against Chicago. I don't know anything about this guy other than I see he has started one game and gave up 7 goals. There may be some value on Chicago or the total in this one. Anyone know anything about him?

TheRake
Old 12-15-2005, 05:53 PM

Yeah, it does look like Finley will start. Anderson will probably start for the Hawks so the Over might not be a bad bet.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:29 PM

Vancouver does look nice... they're already at the arena, while the game has been pushed back 45 minutes because most of the Flyers are stuck in traffic due to the Walt Whitman Bridge being shut down/backed up because of accidents in this rain/sleet storm we're having.

Or the Flyers could be real pissed off about being stuck in all that traffic jazz and run train on the Canucks tonite...

I took the over 6, sloppy sloppy!
Old 12-15-2005, 07:35 PM

Nice info CCx...Thanks!