Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2005, 05:33 AM

Default Same or different pokernames on different sites, PT

Hi,

haven't got PokerTracker yet, and i don't know anything about it.

I have an PP account, and is setting up a Prima account in order to make comparisments.

Would it be best to have the same Pokername at Prima that i have at PP, regard to tracking in PokerTracker - or would it be easier to have different names ??

Is it easy to log differently for different sites and run the analysis seperately for different sites - and seperately for different games at those sites.

Thanks
Old 11-25-2005, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Same or different pokernames on different sites, PT

I found it easier to use the same name, but, regardless, it is easy to set up aliases in PT so that it will reflect your stats from different sites regardless if your screenames are the same or different.

Edit: Regarding your last question, yes, you can filter different sites and buy limit levels fairly easily. Just remember, that until you have at least 10K total hands in PT, your stats do not mean much. That being said, it is excellent at helping you review your play after sessions to look for leaks.

I also recommend you purchase Poker Ace HUD as well so that you can see your opponents stats as you play.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:35 AM

You can have one big database for everything and tell PT you have an "alias" (name on different site)

I prefer to keep my databases separate. I have one for 'stars (tournament), one for party ring (bonuses) and one for party SnG. When I import hands/summaries or open the stats window PT asks me which database to use.

edit: oh yeah, you can also have one big database and have PT filter the data... "only 'stars" "only 2/4 limit" or "all sites" "only 2/4 limit" or "all sites" "1/2 and 2/4 limit" etc.
Old 11-25-2005, 08:33 AM

Thanks, seems like a great program.

[ QUOTE ]
I also recommend you purchase Poker Ace HUD as well so that you can see your opponents stats as you play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that PT could do that by itself.

Is "Poker Ace HUD" some kind of application/add-on too PT ?
Old 11-25-2005, 01:06 PM

Yes, it is an add-on from a seperate vendor. PT has what is called the gametime window which is recreation of your table showing people's stats but it is seperate from the poker window so you have to switch back and forth. PA Hud shows the stats on top of your poker window and as is much more customizable. It is $25 and WELL worth it. Also a30-day free trial with it so you can eval and choose.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it is an add-on from a seperate vendor. PT has what is called the gametime window which is recreation of your table showing people's stats but it is seperate from the poker window so you have to switch back and forth. PA Hud shows the stats on top of your poker window and as is much more customizable. It is $25 and WELL worth it. Also a30-day free trial with it so you can eval and choose.

[/ QUOTE ]

The gametime window is not at all a viable alternative. It's a seperate window with the stats as opposed to just having them OVERLAYED on your actual poker window... I assume, I never tried it, no way it would work when both my monitors are already completely covered with poker games.

If you don't feel like making another purchase quite yet, just get PT and the Acehud trial. If you need to play more tables, you can download Gametime+. Same concept, but I believe it's worse, especially at party. Gametime+ is good for Pokerroom (and it's free to use).