Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 03:16 PM

Default Re: Should eating french fries send you to jail?

[ QUOTE ]
you should be sent to jail for that bastardization of catsup/ketchup

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I don't use the goop and therefore have not spent hours (and hours) staring at the bottle like you.

Oh, plus, I are not anal enuf to care obout spealing on intrnet fourums
Old 07-20-2005, 03:17 PM

I don't use it either but I still know how to spell
Old 07-20-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

something that is sorely lacking here:

[ QUOTE ]
Well, it is clear that you do not have the judgement to ever serve as a modertor.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-20-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

linky
Old 07-20-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should eating french fries send you to jail?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Eating anything French should send you to jail. A bunch of cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys. Freedom fries, now that's the ticket.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:41 PM

If that's the law, yes. Unfortunately, it seems that ChristinaB missed the part (or didn't care) where the decision to uphold the lower court's ruling was unanimous. The decision was whether or not the girl's fourth and fifth amend. rights were violated, not whether she should have eaten a french fry.

C'mon, libs. This is getting beyond lame.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:44 PM

Default YES..........

..........at least according to the City of Washington DC.

The people of DC elected the people that made these rules. Being a judge his job was to determine whether the law was legal. It is NOT his job to determine whether the law is a good law. He practiced judicial restraint which is very rare among US judges. This link has increased has increased my respect of him. The conservative judges who voted for legal medical marijuana in California did so because it was a legal law.....not because they support marijuana.

If you want to b**** about girl being arrested for breaking the subway rules then call the City of Washington DC and tell them. By-the-way, 95% of the elected officials in DC are Democrats. Perhaps we should refer to the Democrats are the 'French Fry Nazis'. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should eating french fries send you to jail?

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me see if I understand the alleged logic of this post. A couple of storm troopers over-zealously enforce a law. The judge says that's the law, and I can't change it. So the judge is a storm trooper. Brilliant!!!

The rallying cry of every partisan on both political wings is that judges must not legislate from the bench. What they really mean is that judges should not interpret laws contrary to my personal interests. What part of the following did the OP not understand:

[ QUOTE ]
Roberts agreed with a lower court ruling upholding the arrest

"The District court described the policies that led to her arrest as 'foolish,' and indeed the policies were changed after those responsible endured the sort of publicity reserved for adults who make young girls cry," he wrote.

"The question before us, however, is not whether these policies were a bad idea, but whether they violated the Fourth and Fifth Amendments to the Constitution. Like the District court, we conclude that they did not, and accordingly we affirm."

[/ QUOTE ]

It means that he refused to legislate from the bench. If the law is stupid, it is because of stupid legislation, not because a judge ruled that it is constitutional.

That said, people who are obnoxious in public with their food or their cells phones or their pets or their kids ought to be cuffed and jailed.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:10 PM

Default Re: YES..........

[ QUOTE ]
..........at least according to the City of Washington DC.

The people of DC elected the people that made these rules. Being a judge his job was to determine whether the law was legal. It is NOT his job to determine whether the law is a good law. He practiced judicial restraint which is very rare among US judges. This link has increased has increased my respect of him. The conservative judges who voted for legal medical marijuana in California did so because it was a legal law.....not because they support marijuana.

If you want to b**** about girl being arrested for breaking the subway rules then call the City of Washington DC and tell them. By-the-way, 95% of the elected officials in DC are Democrats. Perhaps we should refer to the Democrats are the 'French Fry Nazis'. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. "Judicial restraint" is so unusual that this was a unanimous decision.

Seriously, what planet are you from? My guess is that it ends with "anus".
Old 07-21-2005, 12:02 AM

Default Re: YES..........

Seriously, what planet are you from? My guess is that it ends with "anus".
Based on your responses to my posts, you are doing a great imitation of a psycho-stalker. I suspect you are no older than 19. Right?