Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re: I know it\'s HIM, but seriously?

Hey, I have some pretty nasty man-boobs. The only difference between Phil and I is that my man-boobs were not plastered all over the ESPN broadcast, like his (and let's not forget to mention the bologna tits, either) that also shows him acting all spiritual. Sorry Phil, I'm just not buying it.

Rusty G.

P.S. I think Phil is one of the best tournament players around, in terms of overall skill. And, he would probably be the most dominating presence of any other pro (possible exception of Doyle Brunson) at the table if I were to draw him at my table at a WPT or WSOP event. But he seriously needs to accept that there is a luck factor in poker, and that sometimes lady luck is having an affair with the guy who made a donk play and got it all in with the worst hand. It happens! Deal with it. Pound a fist in frustration on the table, kick the ground, go to a corner and shout "Ahhhh!", take a few deep breaths and go grab a Coke from the bar, collect your thoughts, and go hit the sidegames. They're juicier than all hell.
Old 09-24-2005, 09:20 PM

My favorite part is where He does everything in his power to induce a call and then gets upset about the out come and berates the other player for doing exactly what He wanted the other player to do in the first place.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:07 AM

You people simply don't understand the higher level thinking Phil has (and you never will).

His thinking was NOT to simply call, because of the risk a hand like AJ will flop his ace, and he gets nothing with his premium hand. So he raises big to make this hand fold.

THEN, something changes when the person thinks about calling. Now Phil KNOWS he is in a commanding 67-33 or better position if the player pushes. So of course he wants him to move in. And it was an awful play. It's even more disgusting after that flop when he's 85-15ish. He shoulda flipped the whole table over. Good thing he's got flabby little arms and couldn't do that if he tried. "three days of nearly perfect play" should never go down the tubes like this!
Old 09-29-2005, 06:22 PM

I think poker has become a soap opera for men.
At least for a lot of men.

I did think his idea in=magining himself with 34 was pretty cool. I will probably try that next time I have a monster in a live game.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:45 PM

I was watching ESPN's coverage of a WSOP event and they were talking with one of the guys who happened to goto school with Hellmuth in Wisconsin and played in home games with him. He said that Hellmuth NEVER gave up any good advice or insight. He's incredibly selfish and is unwilling to pass on info that might help others. That's why his columns are never very insightful or informational. I don't know why CP even lets him have a column.