Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Question for Dynasty, or anyone else that can answer?

This is a bit of an over-reaction. These were normal party pictures (quite tame actually) and hardly are unflatering to anyone. Does anyone think we will remember what you guys look like? (unless we are planning to meet you in Vegas sometime in the future)

As for thread views, that doesn't represent the number of people who've seen the thread. I've clicked this thread at least 15 times (whenever there is a new reply), its just us same people viewing multiple times. Whats in the first post is long forgotten for most.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a bit of an over-reaction. These were normal party pictures (quite tame actually) and hardly are unflatering to anyone. Does anyone think we will remember what you guys look like? (unless we are planning to meet you in Vegas sometime in the future)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it just beyond your comprehension that some people are naturally private?
Old 11-16-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like somebody's mom is watching us post and it's making me uncomfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

'Scool, Dids. I got it. There's not a mom on God's Earth that doesn't love me.

Who are you, L.O.L.? Your combination of femaleness, the fact that you're not Elaine and your presumption of stern authority suggests that you're Mrs. Malmuth. Hi, Mrs. M, assuming it's you. If it is, I must say that it wounds me in the heart to know that you're so contemptuous of your husband's customers / devotees, who are a largely young and often rashly spoken bunch, but who genuinely wish good tidings to all present. As for the "comment so far out of line that it was in the next galaxy," I can only guess, but I suggest that perhaps you should be more gracious to those impressed with the wonderfully graceful way in which you have aged. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

In short: Why alla y'all gotta be like this?
Old 11-16-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pictures are not the windows to the soul.

You go to any function and pictures are taken and passed around. Big deal. OOT is not as huge as some seem to think. Anyone who has played at a B&M has exposed themselves more there.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pictures are not the windows to the soul.

You go to any function and pictures are taken and passed around. Big deal. OOT is not as huge as some seem to think. Anyone who has played at a B&M has exposed themselves more there.

[/ QUOTE ]

In other words, no.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:55 PM

I'm naturally private, but I don't wig out over a few snapshots.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm naturally private, but I don't wig out over a few snapshots.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the photos, it's the fact that they were posted on a public website without permission. No one, as far as anyone can tell, "wigged out" when the pictures were taken. Further, if you can't understand the fuss, your self-assessment is wrong.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel like somebody's mom is watching us post and it's making me uncomfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess what? It's a free country and this is a public venue, subject to the terms of service. Forty thousand people have been watching you post, and you have no way of knowing who they are--and in some cases it might surprise you to learn who is tuning in. This may feel like your own private little lockerroom, but it ain't. If anyone here acts like a jerk, he (or she) is acting like a jerk in front of a great many very assorted people.

Besides which, you and a whole bunch of other people have been looking at several someones' moms without their permission, and they weren't necessarily that comfortable with it either.

I can tell you absolutely for certain that a number of moms, dads, wives, and girlfriends read these fora--they just don't always make their presence known. Furthermore, anyone reading 2+2 can post a link to a thread here any place else on the internet--and literally the whole world can have access to what you say and in some cases (including yours), what you look like. In fact, that is one stated reason for having moderators--people who are interested in having a business relationship with 2+2 or journalists who are doing research on the poker boom or law enforcement looking for infractions (e.g., IRS and police in areas where poker rooms are not strictly legal) can all read this website. The moderators are supposed to keep the site free of the more ill-considered and inappropriate posts.

Have fun, but do remember that you are showing it to the whole world. My mother, who specialized in foolish advice, did tell me never to put in writing what I wouldn't want to see on the front page of the NYTimes. In that instance, she was not being foolish. Say what you want within the very liberal boundaries of the 2+2 policies, but remember that anyone and everyone is watching you. If you don't remember that, basically you lose at the internet.

I certainly have never said a word about all the long, repetitive, and ultimately tedious discussions of OOTers' toilet habits or about OOTers' exceedingly naive approaches to human sexuality, but in this case, my own personal picture was posted several times in a very public venue without my permission--and I have every right to say something about it. In fact, although I am not sure of the laws, I could probably do something about it--but I am not that distressed.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:07 PM

Hmm. I'm losing confidence in my Charmain Malmuth read. In any case, I cry aloud: Be at peace, woman. Absolutely no harm has been done here.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I certainly have never said a word about all the long, repetitive, and ultimately tedious discussions of OOTers' toilet habits or about OOTers' exceedingly naive approaches to human sexuality, but in this case, my own personal picture was posted several times in a very public venue without my permission--and I have every right to say something about it. In fact, although I am not sure of the laws, I could probably do something about it--but I am not that distressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well said...and the toilet part cracked me up as well...