Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2004, 11:45 PM

Default Crazy hand.

I'm not really sure what to say about this hand. I'm getting 12:1 on the flop call when it comes back to me capped, and while there is a draw, the board looks pretty ugly to be confident in TPTK. Add to that that I was almost certain not to get to showdown without seeing raises on the turn and probably the river, I laid it down.

That said, can you believe some of these hands? Who calls 3 cold with bottom pair, 3-kicker? Even getting just about 8:1, where is it going? The funny thing is, they hit the miracle 2 outer for trips (I know he has two-pair outs, but still), and then lose to the river straight. Actually, the button is the only one's play I like this hand.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(7 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players) </font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (30.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players) </font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 42.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 42.50 BB, between MP2, MP3, Button and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Button (42.50 BB).</font>

Results:

BB shows 4h 3c (three of a kind, fours).
MP2 shows Js 8s (two pair, eights and fours).
MP3 shows Ah As (two pair, aces and fours).
Button shows 9h 7h (straight, ten high).
Outcome: Button wins 42.50 BB.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Crazy hand.

This is really why the guy with Aces should raise. He does that and odds are he beats you up and takes the pot down.

Would anybody raise with ATs UTG?
Old 04-26-2004, 01:23 AM

I never miss a chance to open raise ATs preflop. It is a fantastic hand.

I would call the extra 2 on the flop and hope for a A, T or diamond on the turn to continue with the hand.

Old 04-26-2004, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is really why the guy with Aces should raise. He does that and odds are he beats you up and takes the pot down.

Would anybody raise with ATs UTG?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a hand I haven't been raising nearly enough. I've seen some serious love here about raising this hand even from early position, I think it was even touched on by bisonbison yesterday.

I think it's a fantastic hand to raise. You'll often get called by a lot worse at microlimits, which I guess is the most important point. If you flop an ace you've got a decent kicker and when that flush comes you'll usually get paid off pretty handsomely.