Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 01:55 PM

Default Interest on \"backup\" bankroll (ING?)

A while back, there were a lot of posts about ING Direct savings accounts, as the 3% interest seems to be near the top for a very liquid savings.

I did some looking, and it ends up tied to a "real" checking account (similar to NeTeller). That's fine and all, but my question is: Is there an easy way to get funds from an ING account to a poker site? Ideally, for me that would be ING<->NeTeller, since I currently do all my transactions via NT.

The only thing I could see from my brief check would be to move the money from ING->linked checking account->NeTeller, which is just a hassle.

Anyone with an ING account have a better path?
Old 07-18-2005, 02:16 PM

Default Re: Interest on \"backup\" bankroll (ING?)

I have ING hooked up to Neteller. ING then linked to my person checking. Having ING as the middleman is the easiest for me. I can withdraw weekly from NT to ING. Then I can withdraw to checking if I need money for whatever reason, and can let the bankroll and balance grow in ING as opposed to Neteller.

Edit: I had the same thing you had but changed it. I removed my checking from Neteller and replaced it with ING. Create the ING acct linked to the acct you previously had connected to Neteller.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:52 PM

HSBC Online Savings 3.25%
Old 07-18-2005, 04:00 PM

I currently have an ING Direct account linked to my real checking account. What steps do I need to take to get Neteller linked? I do not see a place to remove my linked account. I also called and spoke to the ING folks and in order to add a new linked account I need to send them a check. Not possible with Neteller as far as I can tell.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:23 PM

How did you link ING and NeTeller? What I read indicated that you'd need to send ING a check to link an account (which NeTeller doesn't provide, unless I missed something).
Old 07-18-2005, 08:10 PM

My total bankroll is about $15000, I generally need about $3000 on hand to play. How significant does the interest start becoming?
Old 07-18-2005, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My total bankroll is about $15000, I generally need about $3000 on hand to play. How significant does the interest start becoming?

[/ QUOTE ]

with 12k at 3%, you earn 360 in a year. Basically, interest is crap. You'd be much better churning that 12k for party points and redeeming that for cash.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

with 12k at 3%, you earn 360 in a year. Basically, interest is crap. You'd be much better churning that 12k for party points and redeeming that for cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much cover play?
Old 07-18-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much cover play?

[/ QUOTE ]

cover play? All you do is deposit in chunks of $500 on day 1. On day 8, you withdraw. Rinse repeat. For gold members, each $500 chunk nets you 1k points and is equivalent to $3. So churning 12k could get you 24k each 8 days and that will add up quickly.

I was churning 5k for a number of weeks with no warnings though. I'd put in maybe 100 raked hands a week or so of cover for 12k.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:32 AM

Are we talking buy merchandise and then EBAY it, or does party actually offer cash for their points now aside from once every 3 months? I haven't played there in 2 months and remember the Party Points being useless.