Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 07:08 PM

Default Party 20/40: Wierd Aces hand.

BB is horrible/loose: 49/9/1.7 over 35 hands.
Button is tight/passive: 15/9/1.2 over 160 hands.

Party 20/40 (9 handed)

Preflop: Jeff is CO with Ah, As.
5 folds, Jeff raises, Button 3-bets, 1 fold, BB calls, Jeff caps, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 8s, 8c, 5h (3 players)
BB bets, Jeff calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 2c (3 players)

River: (10.75 BB) 5c (3 players)
Old 06-21-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Party 20/40: Wierd Aces hand.

Raise the flop to knock out button and to figure out if BB really has an 8. If BB re-raises, fold UI on the turn. I don't like WA/WB 3-handed.. the pot is 12SB on the flop.. try to win the pot.

If BB calls your flop raise and checks to you on the turn, bet the turn and river and fold to any more agression by BB.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:27 PM

Your play looks fine.

If you are beat you lose the MIN without the possibility of mucking the best hand.

There is a good chance one of your opponents has a pocket pair and the other something like AQ. One opp has two outs the other drawing almost dead.

Anyway, if you have the best hand, your opps are drawing dead or thin, so keeping them in seems to have the best long term expectation.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:57 PM

I am not concerned at all with the button in this hand. Being that he is tight, i highly doubt he raised you preflop with an 8 or a 5. For these reasons i don't mind him staying around in the hand, although it may or may not give sb the odds he is looking for. I think more than likely SB has a five which he is betting and raising the flop and betting the turn might get him off his 5. Being that he is such a week player, he might just be betting str8 draws, any pair or over cards. If you are worried about the 8. I think raising flop is in order which may push the button out, the blind may just call planning to check raise. check the turn and you to show down ACAP.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If BB re-raises, fold UI on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way am I laying down aces just because of a 3-bet in a blind steal situation (also, take a look at BB's stats again). Just like if I were the BB, no way am I laying down a 5 or 99,77,66 just because the original stealer raised.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:35 PM

I was going off the fact that OP said BB is passive. He is leading into 2 players on a paired board that was capped pre-flop. If he 3-bets and really is passive, I give him credit for the 8. Now, if OP just said he is passive because of his stats after 160 hands, I call down.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was going off the fact that OP said BB is passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that BB is passive.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not concerned at all with the button in this hand. Being that he is tight, i highly doubt he raised you preflop with an 8 or a 5. For these reasons i don't mind him staying around in the hand, although it may or may not give sb the odds he is looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]
Every player that folds is giving hero a bigger share of this pot. This pot is big enough for us to make a move at. I'd say raise the flop, hopefully pushing button out, and then calling down after you're 3-bet. I'd much rather call down on a 50/50 shot than a 33/33/33 shot.

I'd be fine with button sticking around if we had a stronger hand, but when it comes down to it, we have an overpair on a coordinated board. The guy's gotta go.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:59 PM

you have aces in a 3 handed pot(make this pot as big as you can as fast as you can).. no way bb leads with an 8 in my opinion wouldnt be too smart... have to think your ahead. raise the flop, isolate the bb and win the pot... think you are overthinking this hand a bit too much... could be wrong... ?
Old 06-22-2005, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was going off the fact that OP said BB is passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that BB is passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol.. disregard everything I said in this thread. I had BB and button reads mixed up. I thought the passive guy was the one showing the agression.