Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Baby ace from the SB

Do you guys complete baby offsuit aces if you have any loose/bad limper from anywhere? Or does it have to be on the Button or CO?
Old 11-24-2005, 02:35 PM

I would complete here most every time. I would also consider raising PF if I knew the button was weak tight. I can't see how folding from the sb makes sense when the button's open-limp basically says "I do not have an ace". I think that you have the only ace much more than 50% of the time.

I am not sure why you need to lead out when you miss these flops. The pot is small and you are OOP against 2 opponents. The pots that you win when your ace hits on the flop should make up for the cost of completing, so I think that you are fine just playing this hand in a fit-or-fold manner.

I think that the play becomes more interesting if you raise PF, but how I would play from there would depend on the BB calling and a read on the button.

Dave
Old 11-24-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I check fold if I dont hit anything and I complete any ace with a 1/2 blind structure but not with 1/3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I def prefer fold or raise. At 3/6 jsut fold and move on with your life. If you want to raise hopefully you have a read that the BB isn't going to call you and you are at 5/10 or higher.