Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Going for Overcalls on BOTH streets?

No reads that i can remember. Just that I took good position vs the SB who liked to fire at alot of pots. Hurrah hand protection!

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Obviously a situation where 'raising for the free card' is a bad idea.

Turn: (5 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

I make my hand, but I want BB from everyone with a K, J, or T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

River: (10 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero???

I inteded to go for overcalls again if another diamond hit, but what now? Try to collect my 2 BB from everyone who has a hand worth calling? Or try to collect 1 BB from maybe 1-2 other players.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Going for Overcalls on BOTH streets?

Raise the turn on this double paired board always.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:04 AM

I would go for overcallers again or wait a long time and raise. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 11:09 AM

You mean PAIRED board? If they have a single pair, they are drawing to 2 outs vs me. If they have a 3, they have 4 outs. Only hand i DON'T like here is a made boat. I basically have 2 scare cards i don't want to see, a Q or a T.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:19 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

id raise the turn. theyre not laying down any decent sized diamonds and theyre not going to chase with one overcard. theres lots of draws on the board. let them hit.

given that you called the turn, raise the river. its likely theres a 5 in there and will pay 2 bets. id imagine (ignoring the results) that most of them are drawing anyway, and that anyone without a 5, T, or Q (all of which will probably call 2 cold) will fold for one bet as well as two, so theres no sense in letting them see a cheap showdown
Old 11-23-2005, 11:20 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
You mean PAIRED board? If they have a single pair, they are drawing to 2 outs vs me. If they have a 3, they have 4 outs. Only hand i DON'T like here is a made boat. I basically have 2 scare cards i don't want to see, a Q or a T.

[/ QUOTE ]

any "two pair" has 4 outs (as two pair always does) and any trips have 10 outs (as three of a kind always do on the turn)

you DEFINITELY do not want to see a 5. a Q is not so bad. a T is bad and a 5 is disasterous
Old 11-23-2005, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hurrah hand protection!

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it yourself. Autoraise this turn. Calling here is not as good as raising. 1)Protection 2)You will still get callers calling big D's and various other pair/drawing combos....let's make 'em make the mistake they like to make...calling when they should not.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:26 PM

why is the raise on the flop a mistake here? and why wouldnt you see a free card? more importantly....you are creating big pott odds for yourself by raising. im no expert but this looks like a mistake. and definitely fire back on the turn and river
Old 11-23-2005, 01:40 PM

i would raise turn as everyone with a pair has 4 outs.

after calling the turn i like the river call tho.