Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Stealing Food From Employers

When I was in high school, my friend worked at our local Taco Bell, which was owned by a pretty young guy who still knew a lot of kids from our high school.

The place went out of business pretty quickly. We used to go in and get free food like every day, and after a while, we'd just head to the back and make the food ourselves. Occasionally, we'd be at a party or something and someone would get hungry, and the kid would take someone and they'd go open the store up (it closed very early) and get a bunch of food and bring it back.

Eventually, employees started just taking money, and that was it -- they had to shut it down.

-McGee
Old 09-22-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose I sound like a bad person, but it primarely did it to confinscate for my poor pay ($6/hour over 1 1/2 years=lame).

[/ QUOTE ]

All thieves justify their theft in one way or another. I see you are no different. I guess someone held a gun to your head and make you work there right?

Low life scumbag thieves make me puke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get over yourself,paying 6 dollars an hour is a worse crime than stealing.

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

Its over the minumum wage. If you agree to that wage, you should not feel like you are entitled to more. There is a reason you are working in a place like this, hence the 6$/hr.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:32 AM

Is more a stealing food story.

Working in London Last year went out to Burger King with a collegue is next to a supermarket this guy pushes his way to the front of the queue asks the BK staff for a carrier bag which they gave him, he then pulls out 10 boxes of steak from under his coat puts it in the carrier and runs out of BK no doubt to sell the steak at the nearby underground station.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:34 AM

Ask somebody who owns a bar this question [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

A good friend of mine owns a bar and he basically has to work it from opening to closing everyday since anytime he hires a new bartender they end up stealing him blind or allow others to steal things

One even took the buck's head mounted on the wall by the pool table.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A good friend of mine owns a bar and he basically has to work it from opening to closing everyday since anytime he hires a new bartender they end up stealing him blind or allow others to steal things

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much why my parents closed their restaurant. They hoped to find someone they could trust to eventually open or close or something but it never happened.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much why my parents closed their restaurant. They hoped to find someone they could trust to eventually open or close or something but it never happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you would have asked me this question about 3 months ago, I would have said, hell ya, steal as much as you can from these places. Now that I know, somewhat, the books and how things run at a bar/restaurant, I think anyone who steals is an ignorant [censored].
Old 09-22-2005, 10:47 AM

Well done, I don't steal but neither do I condone slavery.

Mack
Old 09-22-2005, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

Voluntarily working for 6$/hr because you are too stupid/lazy/apathetic to get another job is not slavery. You think that someone should get 20$/hr to mess an order at subway, thats ridiculous.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

Voluntarily working for 6$/hr because you are too stupid/lazy/apathetic to get another job is not slavery. You think that someone should get 20$/hr to mess an order at subway, thats ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't like your job, get another one. If you can't, it's because you're not qualified for one. If you're not qualified for one, then you don't deserve one. And if you're a thief, you deserve to a job making license plates.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Mack

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't like your job, get another one. If you can't, it's because you're not qualified for one. If you're not qualified for one, then you don't deserve one. And if you're a thief, you deserve to a job making license plates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake when I first read your posts, I thought you were a complete moron, now, I think I have too much in common with you. That may or may not be a good thing.