Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 09:13 PM

Default Re: questions questions question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you should bet the flop. The turn has more cards you hate than you like and you are OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking along the same lines...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to check this flop you need to be limping your JJ preflop.

I mean, jeez, this is in the top 15% of flops for JJ.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you should bet the flop. The turn has more cards you hate than you like and you are OOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree entirely. If hero had AA or KK, fine, but you don't want overcards to see a free card with JJ.

I would go ahead and put the $400 in myself on that turn, gambler. Against 90% of opponents you can fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the amount of opponents and the board it is very very likely that another card will be seen whether it is free or not. The difference is you can put more money in and then leave yourself extremely vulnerable for the next two cards or not put any money in and see what happens.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You serious? A call here can mean so many things.. what do you want to see in a now escalating pot for the turn? If you get raised here, what now?

It's so easy to be moved off your hand, a flop bet doesn't really derive that much equity for your hand.

The board is what, 3 4 6 w/ 2 clubs?
So... what is a scare card... A (nfd) 2, 5, 7, hell even 8 (all straight cards, some bringing 4 straight on) C, even board pairing (esp. 6) isn't great. So what do you want to see?

The J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 9s, 3 Ts, and overs arent bad. (So 3 Qs and 3 Ks) So 16 cards are good. Every other card makes you either want to check-fold or bet-fold.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:30 PM

I think I bet the flop and the turn.
The villain is most likely drawing to something and I want him to pay also I think I block every river and fold to a raise without a read.
I probably bet less on the flop, maybe 2/3 of the pot and then maybe 1/2 pot on the turn with a 1/4- 1/2 pot sized bet on the river and fold to a raise on the turn or the river. You probably have the best hand but playing a big pot with it oop really sucks. I like betting every river except 7c and 2c because there are so many draws that you don't have a clear picture of what the villain is calling with and by blocking you take alot of his ability to bluff you out.

Oh and I've been playing small stakes ($200NL) recently so take this with a grain of salt.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the risk of giving free cards to hands that would not calll a bet, even a small one, well overweights this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-29-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You serious? A call here can mean so many things.. what do you want to see in a now escalating pot for the turn? If you get raised here, what now?

It's so easy to be moved off your hand, a flop bet doesn't really derive that much equity for your hand.

The board is what, 3 4 6 w/ 2 clubs?
So... what is a scare card... A (nfd) 2, 5, 7, hell even 8 (all straight cards, some bringing 4 straight on) C, even board pairing (esp. 6) isn't great. So what do you want to see?

The J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 9s, 3 Ts, and overs arent bad. (So 3 Qs and 3 Ks) So 16 cards are good. Every other card makes you either want to check-fold or bet-fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I'm saying is, my guess is that if you wait for JJJ or a rainbow board of undercards with no coordination (like 942) to bet a flop, you're going to be betting < 20% of flops, and you probably shouldn't raise preflop if you're only going to bet 20% of the time.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:36 AM

bet 500 and fold to a raise.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

800 should have raised more preflop if he was going to make this bet on the flop.

his small raise is the equivilant of limping imo.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

800 should have raised more preflop if he was going to make this bet on the flop.

his small raise is the equivilant of limping imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he's already acknowledged that the pf raise was a lapse in the initial post.

I still think checking this flop is criminal unless he plans to do a stop and big ol' turn bet go or something.