Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Pocket JJs Fcaes Turn Reraise

No read on opponent. Just call this down?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls $0.18 (All-In), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11.36 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.18 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.18 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13.18 BB
Old 12-13-2005, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Pocket JJs Fcaes Turn Reraise

When the SB donks on the flop, I seriously consider that he has the King, unless I have a really solid read. I usually call one SB in this case and fold the turn UI.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:53 PM

Without reads, I'm folding the turn u/i. The donk bet on the flop could represent a king, but there's the chance he could be betting a flush draw or medium pocket pair, so I like the flop raise. When he 3-bets, it looks like he means business. If he leads the turn, I'm folding.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:03 PM

Without reads on villian I think you've got to fold on the turn. Yes, the pot is pretty big, but he called 2.5 preflop with something. He woke up on the flop and didn't back down to your continued aggression. If you know villian's willing to be that aggressive with a FD or underpair, then calling down is okay, but even then I don't think you'll win 1 in 12 times with that river card. My guess is villian has Kxs, KQ, KJ, KT, 44, or XXc.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:13 PM

I think there are two ways to look at this hand. One, the SB has picked up a strong draw on the flop and he wants to extract the most from it or two, he has a king with a weak kicker and wants the flush draws out of the hand.

I think we need raise on the turn and fold to a 3-bet. No A high flush draw is three-betting here unless he's a total maniac and if we do get three bet I think its safe to say we're done with this hand.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we need raise on the turn and fold to a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is spewing seeing as it is HU and the villain is OOP, let him continue to bet into you and just call the turn and river if you believe you are ahead.

i think people have this hand BACKWARDS. you pay this off WITHOUT a read. it is WITH a read whether to fold, cap the flop, see the showdown. it is HU and we have a showdown-worthy hand against an opponent we don't know who could be betting stupid with a small pocket or flush draw. i pay this off against an unknown.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:49 PM

Without reads I call down after the flop 3bet. He could be pumping a flush draw, or even over aggressive with a 4 or mid-pocket pair, assuming you won't have a K and that you're scared of one.

This is actually the kind of hand I like to call down without reads, as I'll get a good amount of info on SB by seeing his hand, what he called a 3bet out of the SB with, what he donks this flop with, etc. I don't call down for info only, I need a chance to be ahead, and I think there's a good enough chance I am ahead here to go ahead and make the calldown.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:34 PM

The HU thing confused me because it says there are four players on the turn. Is the converter messed up?
Old 12-13-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The HU thing confused me because it says there are four players on the turn. Is the converter messed up?

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess. preflop shows UTG+1 folded, BBs all in, and MP3 folded the flop.
Old 12-13-2005, 05:04 PM

I fold the flop. You gonna see his cards anyway because of the all in.