FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Leadership

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure he condemns looting.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, you just want to hear him say it?

Think long and hard about this...you're sure he condemns looting...but you want him come out and condemn it anyway...

If you're SURE he condemns looting, what's the purpose of a public condemnation, since, as you admit...we're all sure he condemns it anyway?
Old 09-02-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well PR is very tricky which is why people spend 4 years in college majoring in this. When Jessie Jackson is just out there to talk about racism and to get the blacks all rallied up against eveyone that is very bad. He is usually only in the news when negative things happen to blacks, not when blacks behave negativly. However this PR move would couldn't really hurt anyone, but it's also not necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it does hurt people - in that it legitimizes the demands of racists who need to hear from black leaders what's already PATENTLY OBVIOUS - that is, BLACK LEADERS CONDEMN LOOTING
Old 09-02-2005, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In which case, the only people who should be demanding that black leaders condemn looting ARE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEGATIVE ATTITUDES ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE - since they're the only ones who have questions as to where black leaders might stand on the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Black leaders make their living talking about black people. Why would only racists be interested in where they stand on the matter?

Was it only racists interested in Jesse Jacksons view of the police who beat Rodney King? Jesse had a lot to say about it. When a black prisoner killed several guards a few months ago -- Jesse had very little to say about it.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:01 PM

It may just be the way this thread is going -- but I've answered that same question a few times now.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would only racists be interested in where they stand on the matter?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they're the only people who are unsure as to where black leaders stand on looting! You said it yourself - you're SURE he condemns looting! So is everyone else!

Who isn't sure he condemns looting? Racists - people who have negative images of black people - that's it. Those are the only people who question where black leaders stand on looting.

Please let me know who else, besides racists, have questions as to where Jesse Jackson stands on looting.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It may just be the way this thread is going -- but I've answered that same question a few times now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, your answer is "for PR purposes" - who's the PR for? Racists - that's it.

In other words, Jesse Jackson needs to come meet the demands of racists and let them know he condemns looting - because they're the ONLY people who were unsure where he stood.

Fishhooks was DEAD ON accurate with this:

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously they think its wrong, but they need to condemn it publically to let all the people who have negative attitudes towards black people hear it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-02-2005, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please let me know who else, besides racists, have questions as to where Jesse Jackson stands on looting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you're going to push the issue, me. I was just being kind to him earlier.

I have questions. Maybe Jesse is one of those who believe that they're just getting even with the man. Maybe he sees this as some sort of indirect reparations payment. I really don't know. He's made statements in the past which make me wonder.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:10 PM

Stop with the racist crap.

If it was the local Elks Lodge looting the city, I would be looking for a comment from their Exalted Ruler.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you're going to push the issue, me. I was just being kind to him earlier.

I have questions. Maybe Jesse is one of those who believe that they're just getting even with the man. Maybe he sees this as some sort of indirect reparations payment. I really don't know. He's made statements in the past which make me wonder.

[/ QUOTE ]

OHHHHH....so you aren't quite so sure!

Interesting...but NOT surprising....like I said, I was a little bit suspect this whole time.

Like I said, Fishhooks was SO right:

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously they think its wrong, but they need to condemn it publically to let all the people who have negative attitudes towards black people hear it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-02-2005, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop with the racist crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't think I will stop.
Closed Thread