Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Part $25 NL 6-Max Hands

Hello all,

This is my first post on 2+2, been lurking for several months.

I wanted to post some hands I've played recently and see if my reasoning is inline with most others.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

SB ($8.73)
BB ($6.27)
UTG ($9.8)
MP ($17.85)
Hero ($25.65)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1.75</font>, MP calls $1.50, Hero calls $1.

Flop: ($6.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, MP folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $8.10

MP had been mini-raising alot pre-flop. Knowing this, is my A6s still worthy of a raise 6 handed and sitting on the button? If so, should I have raised more? I think I might should have reraised the BB too, as I had seen him raise with quite a few marginal holdings. When i missed the flop and BB bet out (even though it was only 1/3 pot), I dumped my hand. Shoudl I have continued? With no draw and only 1 overcard, I didn't think so.

MP ($42.1)
Hero ($23.75)
SB ($30.25)
BB ($14.3)
UTG ($26.35)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.25) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($6.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, MP calls $2, Hero calls $2.

River: ($12.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $12.25

I reraised the flop on this hand 4x MP's raise. I think that amount is good? I wanted to isolate him with this raise, which didn't work. only because the SB called EVERYTHING! (Not complaining)
With the Ace on the flop, I backed off. Surely one of these guys has an Ace, right? I think I should have bet this for about 1/2 pot, thoughts?
When the SB bet the turn, I think either a raise or a fold is correct. I think calling (my play) is the worst move because I have no idea if I am ahead or not.
After checking around on the river, I think i should have bet this. The reason I didn't was because I was afraid of an Ace with a weak kicker that would call me down. Any thoughts? (I won this hand... SB had 44, MP had QTo. I don't think I played it well at all though)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Button ($44.01)
SB ($20.17)
Hero ($25.62)
UTG ($18.27)
MP ($19.05)
CO ($27.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, SB calls $0.75.

Turn: ($2) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: $9

Got a free play from BB, trips on flop. Very possible my hand is best right now with the A kicker, I bet 3/2 of the pot trying to get people to fold. In retrospect, probably a bad bet with the pot so small, and any pocket pair has me beat, but I was trying to be aggressive. Following this line, should I have bet more?
I checked behind him on the turn because i had seen this guy try to slowplay his hands alot so far. I didn't think he had a 4, but it is possible. Knowing his slowplay tendancies, is this move correct, or should I have bet?
I paired my 3 on the river for a (weak) fullhouse, but with his small bet I didn't give him credit for anything. I think my river raise was correct, maybe just a little too much. Agree?

#4 (Last one)

MP ($41.06)
Button ($22.07)
Hero ($35.02)
BB ($19.25)
UTG ($41.5)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.1.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.25, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3</font>, UTG folds, Button folds, Hero calls $2.25.

Turn: ($7) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $5</font>, Hero All in, BB folds.

Final Pot: $12

I hate my all in here. If he has me beat, i just threw away alot of chips. If I have him beat, then i could have taken more of his chips.

So, how badly did I butcher these hands?
Old 04-05-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: Part $25 NL 6-Max Hands

Hand 1, just call PF and then probably fold to BB raise. Even marginal hands have you in bad shape, because you only have 1 overcard and even if it hits you might not be good. A6 sucks to a raise.

Hand 2, bet the flop. Full pot, or close to it. How do they know you don't have an A?

Hand 3, iffy. I like it if you think you can blow him off a 55/66/77 type hand, but not if he will call with any of those, in which case just call the $1.

Hand 4, your flop call is very marginal. You'd have to have seen him make this play with a draw or a weaker Q type hand to call here I think. Turn is a good card for you obviously, but there's no need to go crazy. Check-raise to $15 is better. Lead out this turn is the best, I think. Could be wrong though.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:38 PM

the money you spent calling the turn in hand 2 should have been spent betting the flop
Old 04-05-2005, 06:58 PM

Hand 1: Go more pre-flop or don't go at all. If small bet on the flop = weakness, then of course raise him. However, I think folding is standard w/o a read or anything.

Hand 2: I'm taking the same line as you.

Hand 3: Just betting the flop is okay. I don't like your river play as a lot of players will still call with 55 or 66 there.