Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: The pope is an idiot. Catholics are dumb in general.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a rarely practicing Catholic, I think the church is kind of ignorant to think that people are just gonna suddenly stop f#cking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course the church doesn't think that people are going to stop. But if people are going to screw around and get infected with diseases, those are the consequences. The church told them not to.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for becoming a candidate for one of the dumbest posts OOT has ever seen

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't see what's so dumb about it. Makes perfect sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm what's wrong with it?

The christian God is supposed to be a loving god who cares about all his creations unless 12 years of theology class were all wrong.. but if you decide to break one rule you deserve to get a fatal desease and die... this makes perfect sense to me....If this is the loving god you worship you can take it and shove it up your ass
Old 06-11-2005, 07:38 PM

My response
Old 06-11-2005, 07:39 PM

It's called free will. Duh.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As a rarely practicing Catholic, I think the church is kind of ignorant to think that people are just gonna suddenly stop f#cking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course the church doesn't think that people are going to stop. But if people are going to screw around and get infected with diseases, those are the consequences. The church told them not to.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks for becoming a candidate for one of the dumbest posts OOT has ever seen

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't see what's so dumb about it. Makes perfect sense to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm what's wrong with it?

The christian God is supposed to be a loving god who cares about all his creations unless 12 years of theology class were all wrong.. but if you decide to break one rule you deserve to get a fatal desease and die... this makes perfect sense to me....If this is the loving god you worship you can take it and shove it up your ass

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not about DESERVING the disease, its about understanding that if you're not going to listen to what the Church is saying, well, there's a high level of inherent risk that you're accepting. That's the point. So I guess nothing's going up MY ass, at least. How about that stick in yours?
Old 06-11-2005, 07:42 PM

I have no problem with the church condemning condom use as long as it stays a moral issue. Something like: "Birth control of any kind should not be used because sex is supposed to be within marriage and for pro-creation only." I do have a problem if the church (or anyone) tries to "educate" people that condoms don't work.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:42 PM

so what you are saying is everyone who engages in premarital sex deserves to die? what a wonderful religion!
Old 06-11-2005, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so what you are saying is everyone who engages in premarital sex deserves to die? what a wonderful religion!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hard time believing you are that retarded.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Why discourage safety? Dose that get your point across?

[ QUOTE ]
My response

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
So he gets the blame when people listen to only *part* of what his policy was? If they listened to the whole policy, both no condoms and abstinence outside of marriage, many of the issues you refer to wouldn't exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we are assuming abstinance then why does the Church feel the need to discourage condom use? If we are assuming abstinance then the use of condoms should not need to be addressed.

Clark also wrote:
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what "(in) practice, not theory" means. You blame him by suggesting that people 100% listen to his condom policy while ignoring that all those you refer too somehow 100% ignored his abstinence until marriage policy.

The blame goes 0% to the Pope and his teachings and 100% to those who incompletely follow them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, can we infer that the Church actually believes that people are going to stop having sex NOW because the Pope says so?

I do feel that the Church deserves some degree of blame for the overall spread of AIDS.

Imagine for example if for the past 20 years the Church's polocy was the one suggested above in the thread (abstinance, but if you must have sex use protection.) In this scenario would more or less people in the world have AIDS, why?

edit for content
Old 06-11-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Birth control of any kind should not be used because sex is supposed to be within marriage and for pro-creation only."

[/ QUOTE ]

Could someone explain this? If having premarital sex is a sin on it's own, why does doing it with a condom make it any different? How does a condom add or subtract from the wrongfulness of premarital sex? I think we all know the answer, I'd like to hear someone say it.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:52 PM

Location: They call Los Angeles the City of Angels. I didn\'t find it to be that exactly, but I\'ll allow as there are some nice folks there.

If you aren't Catholic, why should any of this matter to you?

"Every sperm is sacred. Every sperm is great. When a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate."