Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Party changed theit raked hand definiton (now participated hands).

[ QUOTE ]
i think contribution to rake means you can get cards and fold still

[/ QUOTE ]

It would appear that this is no longer the case.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:30 AM

This is all conjecture on Party's wording - surely someone is clearing a bonus and can comment on their raked hand counter.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:32 AM

I have been clearing a bonus this week. Nothing seems to be different. I am pretty sure I am getting credit for hands that I fold preflop and contirbute nothing to the pot.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:34 AM

I'm thinking the actual outcome will be POSITIVE for us (given the post from TOMS). I'll bet that Party is sticking with Rake Share method and that they will concur that:

1) When you are dealt cards and you fold in a hand, you are PARTICIPATING.

2) Even NLHE rakes of .10 or greater (or .05 or greater when five or less are seated) will count toward your raked hand count.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking the actual outcome will be POSITIVE for us

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmmmmm. no. the only way it would be positive is if they dropped the raked hands for bonuses down SIGNFICANTLY which there's no way theyre doing that.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"A player is considered to have played a raked hand if he or she has contributed 1 cent or more in rake in that hand."

how do you interpret your quote from party's line? party says you must pay money for a hand to count. it's pretty cut and dry.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this affects rakeback significantly then

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking the actual outcome will be POSITIVE for us

[/ QUOTE ]

ummmmmmm. no. the only way it would be positive is if they dropped the raked hands for bonuses down SIGNFICANTLY which there's no way theyre doing that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm here to help you understand my post.

If my interpretation is correct, that would mean that NLHE pots which are raked .10 would count toward your "raked hand count." This is positive when compared to a system which only counts pots raked over .25 toward your "raked hand count."

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"A player is considered to have played a raked hand if he or she has contributed 1 cent or more in rake in that hand."

how do you interpret your quote from party's line? party says you must pay money for a hand to count. it's pretty cut and dry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your interpretation of "cut and dry" does not mesh with the two other posts on this thread by people who are currently clearing a bonus at Party and who are finding that raked hands are accumulating as usual on pots where the player is folding pre-flop.

I take this more seriously than parsing the wording of Party's statement given their history of unclear writing.

My interpretation will change if/when Party changes how raked hands are accumulating OR if those who have posted evidence to the contrary of the initial post (and your assertion) are lying or mistaken.

I will be depositing for a Party bonus soon and will play some .5/1 hands. If the raked hand count is not counting hands folded pre-flop, I will add such evidence to this thread.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:03 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Party changed theit raked hand definiton (now participated hands). *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mike Haven
Old 10-11-2005, 12:17 PM

Just checked my stats from last night to get a clearer picture. I played between 50 and 60 hands. I saw the flop 25% of the time and got credit for playing 45 raked hands. This shows that they did not change their policies. I made my deposit on Friday, before they made the changes. Would that matter?
Old 10-11-2005, 12:28 PM

Default I think this is incorrect

[ QUOTE ]
A raked hand is any hand in which a rake (house drop) is taken out of the pot.

A player is considered to have played a raked hand if he or she has contributed 1 cent or more in rake in that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This wording HAS NOT CHANGED. The last part of this quote has been on the "Rake Schedule Page" of the website for a Long time. It sets the requirement for a minimum pot of $2.00 at a full NL/PL ring game before the hand is counted as raked for bonus clearing purposes.

This has been explained here many times in the past.

---------------------------

UNLESS PARTY IS GOING TO SCREW US AGAIN, AND ACTUALLY MAKE THE TRANSITION TO CONTRIBUTED HANDS. At this point, nothing is outside the realm of possibility, but I think this is being taken out of context. As of last night, I was credited with raked hands without putting money in the pot.