Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-22-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Hand from my first 5/10 6max session.......

This hand was from a very juicy table that I was on during my first shot of 5/10 6max. UTG in this hand is a player who 3 bet me preflop with j6o on a previous hand which is why I had no problem comming along with AJo.

My specific question on the hand is on the flop and the turn, I was nearly positive that I had the best hand but his 3 bets on the flop and turn had me a little scared. Opinions?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (7.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.20 BB
Old 04-22-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: Hand from my first 5/10 6max session.......

I would love to say that I play it much different. But I don't. I always get worried that the donks caught something.
The action on the flop tends to discount a set and looks more like AK trying to protect. When he 3bets the turn and leads the river, I slow it down and try to get to showdown. You got your value bets in earlier, win the pot. Next time, you'll feel more comfortable if you river the A or J. Try that.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG in this hand is a player who 3 bet me preflop with j6o on a previous hand which is why I had no problem comming along with AJo.

[/ QUOTE ]

any thought to raising him pre-flop? I think that would be my move. I realize CO is in the middle, so an isolation would be difficult, but I think it's worth trying.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:18 PM

I can see 3-betting preflop, and I can see capping the turn. It really depends what read you have on him besides one insane pf move. Was he a post flop LAG? I think I'm capping this turn fairly often.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UTG in this hand is a player who 3 bet me preflop with j6o on a previous hand which is why I had no problem comming along with AJo.

[/ QUOTE ]

any thought to raising him pre-flop? I think that would be my move. I realize CO is in the middle, so an isolation would be difficult, but I think it's worth trying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a PF 3-bet is a good play. CO will probably stick around but it at least makes the blinds face 2 bets.

As for the hand, if I'm against someone like UTG, and the only hand that beats me is a set I'm putting in as many bets as I can.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:47 PM

I cap the turn and call a river bet.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:54 PM

I would have 3-bet pre-flop here. This is a good spot to expect to have decent pre-flop equity to capitalize on.

That being said if I did cold call.... I'd have capped the turn and just called a river bet or, bet and called a raise if checked to.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:10 PM

3 bet PF.
Cap the turn.
Call the river..if he leads out..you gotta think your beat, but have to call anyway.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:39 PM

I need to add to 3bet PF also. You get the benefit of a better chance of isolation by folding blinds and maybe (unlikely) the CO. Not sure I agree with capping the turn. But, then again, I'm a little girly capping the turn without a monster as you can see from my most recent post in HUSH.