Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: AA PF

against good players, they would not change views on you based on hand one as it is fairly standard.

pushing big draws against those who don't know the odds are definitely helpful to your image though.

but you also have to adjust to your continuation bets getting less respect.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:55 PM

Uh.... so?

Hand 1: How does pushing with AKs and a flush draw make you look like a donk?

Hand 2:
[ QUOTE ]
clearly the all in push with AA was the right move in hand two as it must have looked like I was on tilt

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're fairly sure that you can get calls from hands as weak as AQ or AJ here, then I think that it's fine... but if they need hands as good as AK+.... they fold way too often for this to be the right play.

I have no idea where this great table image you're claiming you have comes from... it's certainly not from these hands.

Hand 3: Nobody at these stakes will ever fold AA on that flop. You played your hand as transparently as possible and got lucky that villian is an idiot. She probably didn't even see the previous hands.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:59 PM

I don't understand... is the BB going all in pf every hand? Is there no better way to get his money in pf then this? If you haven't been lagging it up, it smells like you have a monster.

No chance for a checkraise against these 2?
Old 10-11-2005, 06:24 PM

LOL some folks just have no sense of irony [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Notwithstanding that it's probably a standard 2+2 move, pushing a full stack on the line in on a flush draw with apparent overpair outs is IMHO a maniac move - you lose 3 out of 4 times vs a set and 2/3 of the time vs AA or 2 pair - you are also marginal dog vs KK - you have the edge over the rest of the overpairs and TPTK but you really have to be playing with a lot of calling stations to make this +EV - it's not a play that's anything other than overaggressive and usually made by folks uncomfortable with actually playing the hand..
Old 10-11-2005, 06:26 PM

it requires a good read which you believe that your opponent will let go of his hand, then it comes to fold equity
Old 10-11-2005, 06:30 PM

Sure in general you can rep the set vs weak-tighties who might lay down AA or KK or 2 pair but as I was the pre-flop raiser I can really be only repping an overpair or set of tens here - I think anyone with AA or KK or a set/2 pair calls here on the $100 6 max tables and is right to do so
Old 10-11-2005, 06:35 PM

It's not horrible. If you think this is the best way of getting aces all in preflop, do it. BTW: You want the entire table in the hand with you preflop with aces. The pot equity edge is still an overlay.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:36 PM

I used to pull this and get called by TT/AK~AJ all day back in pp 25nl. surely there are better ways to extract values with AA but it's not as bad as some people are making out to be.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a horrible play. Not only are you not maximizing your expected gain with your aces, you are not adding any deception to your game. How many other times are you going to go all in? If every time you go all in people know you have a huge hand, they aren't going to call with Q-5o.

Instead play aces like you would play any other hand you would raise with. Whatever a standard raise is for the table make that raise with aces. True you are going to get sucked out on a heck of a lot more because people will call. BUT you want people to call. When you have aces, everyone else has a worse hand. You don't want the whole table to call, because then you are only like a 35% favorite to win.

Raise a normal raise here, anything else is bad form. One tip on raising is try to make all of your raises look similar. If you have to, raise the same amount every time. That way people will not be able to read your hand. Raise the same with 10-9 suited as you do with AA, and at least online you are very tough to get a read on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't disagree with this more strongly. I ALWAYS protect/value bet my AA preflop more than a standard raise. I win with AA 93% of the time, meaning I am usually just stealing the blinds. It is still by far my most profitable poker hand though, and I contend that is WHY.

I'm no pro, and I'm interested to hear others' strategies for AA, but I love playing AA super fast on Party 25NL.

Idiots that will call this play 25NL. With a good read, this can occasionally be a sweet play. It's better if you can 3bet it allin instead of straight up pushing the blinds, but I have no problem with this play *at Party 25NL*.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:23 PM

Raise to a goofy amount like 9.83$-- and then get it in on flop. Works much much better.