Just one more.

Then we can have the big commotion.

We can have the big protest.

Just one more.

We can decry the horrors of war.

Just one more.

One thousand nine hundred ninty nine.

Just one more.

One more and we can celebrate the two thousand dead in Iraq.

I know you are waiting for that moment.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:29 AM

Default Re: Just one more.

While making my morning coffee fix I heard part of a news cast about "2,000" dead in Iraq. I was thinking how it seems a particular number is the reference point to make something important to the media. During the Iran hostage problem the "big deal" for networks was to open with, "Day xxx of the hostage crisis," or something to that effect. But, gratefully, they've not given a daily body count.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 12:29 PM

So it starts, Iplayboard has already started a celebration of 2000 deaths thread. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But, gratefully, they've not given a daily body count.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you happy about this?? The public needs to see the consequences of war EVERY DAY a daily death toll would be a great way to do this. Only after the public sees the horrors of war will they stop voting for them!
Old 10-26-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The public needs to see the consequences of war EVERY DAY a daily death toll would be a great way to do this. Only after the public sees the horrors of war will they stop voting for them!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet another example of youthful naivete.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 02:32 PM

How's that? I'd say your an example of blindly following your government into killing 2000 soldiers and over 25K Iraqis. I mean 27,000 dead people isnt THAT bad. After all there have been unlimited gains from our latest imperial conquest, oh wait that never happened
Old 10-26-2005, 02:46 PM

First, in my youth I blindly followed a few, yeah. But I got over it thru diligent pursuit of maturity and knowledge. I don't blindly follow anyone.

Second, I didn't like the idea of invading Iraq. (read any of my posts?) I hate the fact we've lost 2,000. But, I understand why we went in and got over my objections. I probably know just a tad more than you about how war "works."

Third (you still with me here?), our military (with only the rarest of exceptions) doesn't go around killing anyone not engaged in killing our folks. That, my young friend, is one of the ways a war "works." Your "25K Iraqis" number includes one helluva lot of innocents killed by the enemy. They don't seem to give a rat's ass who dies. I mean, they got all those virgins to go take care of, right?

Lastly, every time some whiney weenie tosses out that "Imperialist" crap I get an enormous urge to kick the SOB right in the nuts!

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 02:51 PM

Ok, I will put on my susp:

Trying to gain control of larger share of world's energy sources=imperalism.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Trying to gain control of larger share of world's energy sources=imperalism.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another "cute" thought, but it doesn't fly. The Iraqis control their oil. Our policy regarding that has been clearly stated. All of Iraq's oil is presently being used for their benefit. Not ours. We'll never control Iraq's oil.

Next?

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 02:58 PM

What have we acomplished in Iraq? The only thing I can see is making a ton of money for American companies. Our soldiers have died for nothing beyond the rich getting richer.

Our lower class military is merely a tool of the rich and powerful to acomplish their goals. Imperialism is the one and only goal of this war from the get go. We are amoung a bunch of powerful nations that need oil.

Iraq has oil.

We go to Iraq and secure oil for our country. Imperialism 101.

Its easy to blame the insurgents for killing civilians, and yes acts of violence against civilians is deplorable, but the west must take responsiblity for creating these insurgents. Everyday we mess with the middle east is another insurgent made (off topic why are washington and Jefferson called revolutionaries, but the iraqi freedom fighters are called insurgents?)

You must be too old to use all your brain cells, even a child could piece together this picture.