Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 06:34 PM

Default Re: OT: What is your BR?

Mine is now $9,000 but I am taking $2,000 out for Bills, IPod nano, 3 Lacoste Polos, and a little treat for my wallet which hasn't seen many greenbacks lately.

P.S. Brimestone I enjoy your posts and think of you as a STTF regular.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:37 PM

ace, I enjoy your posts also. Nothing like 30 bad beat posts each week from the same person.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:25 PM

about 3-3.5k just started the 50s, still mixing in some 30s possibly
Old 10-15-2005, 08:16 PM

If I had to put my finger on one +ev situation I used to pass on too much it was this one (SB into short BB).

Your thought process:

"damn, I've been pushing a ton...this guy is sure to think I'm stealing"
"he only has 600 or so back, he's calling with a ton here"
"can I afford the hit?"

For me, the push decisions came pretty readily when a) I'm confident my hand is strong enough against likely holdings, or b) based on the chip/blind situation, I'm pretty sure I'll get a fold (again, coming back to the calling range of course).

What wasn't always apparent where the times I couldn't satisfy (a) or (b) in my mind, stuck with the formentioned thoughts - not able to recognize a +ev spot.

My recent purchase of the sng tool has made these decisions much easier. Repeated confirmation of "cool, I thought so"...and plenty of "no kidding? I should have pushed that?"s.

I recommend picking up this software if you're able to. Besides, it's actually pretty fun to be able to quickly run through some scenarios without having to know how to do the math.

Here's what I got for yours:

BB's calling range:

@ the default "maniac" - 22+,A2s+,A3o+,KTs+,KJo+,QJs.....+1.3%
opening him up even further based on your information - 22+,A2+,K7o+,K4s+,QTo,Q7s+,JT+.....+1.0

Results - clear push IMO

If you take the minute or two to run your late tourney through the tool, you'll find a vast boost in your confidence in the ability to more readily recognize these situations - in pretty short order.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:08 PM

Somewhere around $500 playing 11s... I'm a n00b.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:10 PM

Thank you very much for your elaborate reply bluefeet, I really appreciate it.

I'm also enjoying the fact that people are completely ignoring the actual post and just hitting reply with their e-penises.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:54 PM

i do believe you were the one that requested we bust out our e-penises in the first place [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] i'll reply to your other post sometime tomorrow probably, just messin with ya
Old 10-15-2005, 10:05 PM

you post a question that's been discussed to the point that it's so boring not one person answers....

and then you waste our time posting the same question under a bogus decitful heading...

and THEN you complain about not getting your love and respect....

That my man is gall, I guess this thread was worth my time, cause that's impressive. And before you go on and on with this, ask around what it takes to get on my bad side (alot), then consider you may be wrong on this and let it die.

Steve
Old 10-15-2005, 11:07 PM

Look, I respect you, your posts, and your poker skills from what I've read.

I'm still in amazement as to how this thread has pissed you off so much, but obviously, contrary to what you're saying, it takes very little to get on your bad side, as proven by the fact that I did so by posting 2 threads (about poker), and replying to 1 of your posts ninja-reffering to citanul's thread about going to another forum and posting there). I'm chalking this up as you being in a bad mood/having a bad day in hopes that in the future we can become* friends.

*:I was to attend STTF HU 2 just to meet all of you (mcpherzen, irie, you, yugo, etc.), but unfortunately I'll be out of the country during those dates.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:12 PM

Buy SNG Powertools...it will save you a lot of time and having to post stupid hands. (TWO TIMES!)
As for the actual hand, once you buy SNG Powertools adjust his calling range to account for your earlier pushes.
Closed Thread