Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 04:28 AM

Default Re: Nighttime guitar playing

Dude, ya gotta have an all Zep set or something.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:46 AM

Location: Typing \"nice runner runner\" over and over and over and over and over and over

I didn't get to play guitar for my kids this weekend because they fell asleep watching a movie.

But tonight I was up late, in a grouchy mood because the weekend's over, staring at the half-finished stuff on my monitor that I'd been working on for work, thinking about all the nonsense going on recently and all the things that will be competing for my attention this coming week, and I just couldn't take it anymore.

I needed something to get my mind off of all this crap, so I said screw it and grabbed my guitar.

Here are the songs that found their way from my brain to my fingers and vocal cords:

Where Are You Going - Dave Matthews
Comedown - Bush
White Discussion - Live
Waitress - Live
Unwell - Matchbox 20
Crazy - Seal
Time - Pink Floyd

Oh, and by the way, Bron-Y-Aur Stomp KICKS ASS. I put that song on while we were in the car this weekend, and my 4 year old, who hadn't heard it before, was like "NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN BOUT!" Thanks, zephed! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 03:56 AM

try the Victoria Williams song "frying pan", as done by Evan Dando. soothes the soul and 3 chords and a capo is all you need.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't get to play guitar for my kids this weekend because they fell asleep watching a movie.

But tonight I was up late, in a grouchy mood because the weekend's over, staring at the half-finished stuff on my monitor that I'd been working on for work, thinking about all the nonsense going on recently and all the things that will be competing for my attention this coming week, and I just couldn't take it anymore.

I needed something to get my mind off of all this crap, so I said screw it and grabbed my guitar.

Here are the songs that found their way from my brain to my fingers and vocal cords:

Where Are You Going - Dave Matthews
Comedown - Bush
White Discussion - Live
Waitress - Live
Unwell - Matchbox 20
Crazy - Seal
Time - Pink Floyd

Oh, and by the way, Bron-Y-Aur Stomp KICKS ASS. I put that song on while we were in the car this weekend, and my 4 year old, who hadn't heard it before, was like "NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN BOUT!" Thanks, zephed! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're welcome, the live versions are fantastic too. I can upload them if you want.