Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2004, 12:29 PM

Default TPTK on a coordinated board and UTG leading out into me on the turn.

Local B&M 2/4 Beginner's game. What this means is that there is NO check-raising allowed.

I'm in late position with 3 limpers and raise with AKo. 1 other caller, but blinds fold and the limpers call 1 more.

Flop: K87, 8 and 7 are [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Checked to me, and I bet. UTG is the only one who calls.

Turn: 6 not a spade.

Now the UTG player bets into me. Now what? He's fairly passive, so this probably means he has a real hand. There is no check-raising allowed, so he needs to bet in order to get more money from me in case I check it through.

Does anyone fold here? The 6 completed several straights in which case I'm drawing dead and might complete 2 pair. A passive player wouldn't be betting unless he had me beat. Folding here seems INCREDIBLY weak to me.

On the other hand, he MAY be bluffing, though I doubt it.

Results, (though they don't really matter): <font color="white">
I decided to call the turn. He led out on the river and I called that as well.

He had K6 for turned 2 pair.
</font>
Old 08-30-2004, 12:48 PM

Default Re: TPTK on a coordinated board and UTG leading out into me on the turn.

I call the turn in this situation most of the time.I may not call the river bet if the board doesn't pair or I don't improve. Passive players are great to play with because you can save many bets by folding. Did you have the Ks in your hand?
Old 08-30-2004, 12:56 PM

Default Re: TPTK on a coordinated board and UTG leading out into me on the turn.

I believe I had the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in my hand, but not the K.

[ QUOTE ]
I call the turn in this situation most of the time.I may not call the river bet if the board doesn't pair or I don't improve. Passive players are great to play with because you can save many bets by folding. Did you have the Ks in your hand?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-30-2004, 03:26 PM

Default Re: TPTK on a coordinated board and UTG leading out into me on the tur

[ QUOTE ]
Local B&amp;M 2/4 Beginner's game. What this means is that there is NO check-raising allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a disservice to the beginners.
Old 08-31-2004, 01:29 AM

If you had the K, it would have reduced the chance of him raising with something like Ks-Js. Becomes easier to lay down. The live game I play in is incredibly passive, so I'm used to laying this down.
Old 08-31-2004, 04:20 AM

If you are behind, the pot is so small that you should fold. You have at best 5 outs. It is hard to put a beginner on a hand. If the 6 improved his hand, the only hand you'll beat is a pair of sixes. I'm guessing he has sevens over sixes. He might have a set of sixes and should have folded on the flop but didn't.