Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Am I missing something here?

Regarding rakeback on Party.
You go to their website in the affiliate section and it states how the affiliate will get 20 or 25% of their player's rake. Same as always.

So say if the affilate does not advertise in public and pays their players under the table (through Neteller, etc) and not directly from player to player transfer in Party, then how would Party ever know the affiliate is paying rakeback and would would be the problem?
Old 10-15-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Am I missing something here?

They wouldn't.

This is what everyone who recieves rakeback and plays on Party right now is doing.

But the risk is on the affiliates side as far as I can tell.

If party finds out that the affiliate has been paying the players 'under the table' then PP will cut that affiliate off.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If party finds out that the affiliate has been paying the players 'under the table' then PP will cut that affiliate off.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the part I don't understand. If they're paying the affiliate anyway, rakeback doesn't cost Party a cent. Why should they care what the affiliate does with the money?
Old 10-15-2005, 07:01 PM

I agree with what you are saying.

Why SHOULD party care. I don't know. Only thing I can think of is that they want that money spent as ADVERTISING for their site instead of paying the players who are already playing there.

I"ll be honest and tell you that I receive 23% rakeback from an affiliate from PP. My friends want to join me through this affiliate but I'm worried he will get cutoff and we'll all have to move soon.

So I'm waiting to get my friends hooked up...Hopefully soon.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:55 PM

Wasn't it always the case that PartyPoker didn't allow rake backs, but affiliates paid the players under the table anyway? So what's different now that it's causing all this nonsense? If the concern is that the affiliate's account will get frozen if he pays his players, well,,, wasn't that a concern before this shake up? I'm not an affiliate and I am happy to continue to play at Eurobet, but I really don't understand how things are different now vs before.