Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 06:22 PM

Location: Typing \"nice runner runner\" over and over and over and over and over and over
Default Calling in the BB with crap

6max. You are the BB with 32o. Folded to SB who raises. You believe SB will raise here with any two cards and, if called, will autobet any flop.

Do you call?

If you said "fold", what is the lowest hand you will call with?
Old 10-04-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Calling in the BB with crap

In theory, you'll win more than 25% of the time, so you'd call. In practice, it's impossible to play and you fold. I'm not sure what I play here. Any ace, any suited, any king, most Queens, J8o or better, and probably any connectors 89 and above.

Basically, any hand that has showdown value UI, or is relatively easy to play improve (e.g J8o makes top or 2nd pair most of the time it catches the flop).

I suck HU though.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:07 PM

I think a lot of people advocate any two cards 4 or higher, or something near there. Maybe 5 and higher.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:12 PM

32o i fold. I'm calling with Any A, and K, and Q, J5, T7, 96, 85, and 76 I think, or better.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In theory, you'll win more than 25% of the time, so you'd call. In practice, it's impossible to play and you fold. I'm not sure what I play here. Any ace, any suited, any king, most Queens, J8o or better, and probably any connectors 89 and above.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know this is what they recommend in HPFAP, but there you are out of position in the BB. In a 6 max game, you have position against the SB. This makes a huge difference HU.

Against someone who will literally raise any two and bet any flop, this seems much too tight when you have position. In fact, you could call without looking at your cards and raise any flop and show a profit until SB catches on. You probably want to fold your worst hands so he sometimes wins and keeps trying his ultra-aggresive strategy. Then sometimes just call and slowplay your pairs to change it up. You will get his chips eventually.

If I were only going to play one hand against this guy, I would call with the 23o.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:18 PM

Location: Typing \"nice runner runner\" over and over and over and over and over and over

Wow, somehow I missed this thread. Jeez.

Different player in the SB, though.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are the BB with 32o. Folded to SB who raises. You believe SB will raise here with any two cards and, if called, will autobet any flop.

Do you call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.