Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Making Moves in Level 3

[ QUOTE ]
where you might get called? who cares. even if it is a coinflip you have PLENTY of equity from the dead chips. you also forget to realize that you will be called by a WORSE hand quite frequently too. its really nice when AJ thinks hes making a wonderful call on yer steal and u have him pwnd. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are confused. I would and do make this move with AQo without fear of getting called. But, at the $11s, I would fear making this move with any two cards because of the likelihood of AJo and such calling.

What range would you make this move with?
Old 08-30-2005, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I respect this point and I seem to be in the minority here. What range of hands would you make this move with?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would feel very nervous making this move with anything other than 99+ or AQ+ at the $11s. But I'm interested in hearing a range from those who have said this is part of their standard repertoire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard. I play the 33s and I make it with much worse cards than AQ. It becomes an even more attractive move for me when I only have T600.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:14 PM

At this point my opinion is somewhat redundant, but I like this move at the 11s and happily make it when the situation presents itself. However, to answer your question, I think I'm a little tighter that others. I mostly 8-table in sets so I rarely have a good read at level 3. Because of this, I have a hard time pushing with any two. My range is somewhere around 88+, AJ+, KQs.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where you might get called? who cares. even if it is a coinflip you have PLENTY of equity from the dead chips. you also forget to realize that you will be called by a WORSE hand quite frequently too. its really nice when AJ thinks hes making a wonderful call on yer steal and u have him pwnd. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are confused. I would and do make this move with AQo without fear of getting called. But, at the $11s, I would fear making this move with any two cards because of the likelihood of AJo and such calling.

What range would you make this move with?

[/ QUOTE ]\

everything depends of course. i have played maybe 100 11s in my life so i have no idea. ill do it with far more hands than i should probably, but it works out quite well. you do see some donkass calls with like 77 at times, but most people dont wanna race that early when they have a limping hand, so its free chippers. holla
Old 08-30-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
standard.
now do this with any two and we are talking MOVE. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He nailed it.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With your stack, I do this here instantly, every time.

[/ QUOTE ]