Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2003, 05:28 PM

Default Craziest pot I have ever seen

I sit down to a 2-4 game and fold my first three hands. The same player won all three pots (and, I learned, the two before that as well). By this time, EVERYBODY at the table, even the descent players, were on tilt. This one player had increased his stack from about $90 to well over $300 in the three hands, and with EXTREMELY poor play, I might add. The third hand I watched had 6 people in preflop. Our lucky player had capped preflop with 77 and proceded to RAISE all the way to the river, where he finally caught his set. Needless to say, the rest of the peole at the table were very upset, and very on tilt. I say this as an opportunity to play only premium hands and get the benefit of many callers and unreasonable action.

The next hand I'm dealt us A [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] in the BB. UTG open raises, MP call, MP call, LP lucky player reraises, SB folds, I call (knowing UTG will cap), UTG caps, we all call. There are 19 small bets in the pot (after the rake).

Flop come T [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] . I bet, UTG call, MP call, MP call, LP lucky player raises, I call (having exactly zero respect for his raises), all call. Now 14.5 big bets in the pot.

Turn card K [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] . I check, almost sure that somebody has at least a K, and likely a flush as well. UTG bets, MP call, MP call, LP lucky player raises, I fold, all else call. (I have to admit, I expected a reraise.) Now 22.5 big bets in the pot.

River card is a rag. UTG checks, MP goes all in for $1, MP folds, LP lucky player folds, UTG folds!! MP bought a 22.5 BB pot for 1/4 bet on the river. She laughs histerically, and turns over a 9 high pure bluff. At this point, I have two thoughts run through my mind... 1) I can't believe nobody called getting over 90:1 pot odds, and 2) this may be the most profitable game I will ever sit it!

Looking back, I don't think I should have called the two bets on the turn, but I wonder if anyone would have. I just didn't see any reliable outs at that point, even with the size of the pot.

What do you guys think?
Old 05-21-2003, 09:28 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Craziest pot I have ever seen

what's great about these tables is that theyre so concerned with him that they ignore the rest of the table. i had a post similar about when my drunk brother sat in a game and put a table on tilt like this. it's kinda funny to watch actually. but keep you head about ya and take into consideration the other players and not just mr lucky. let them worry about him.

btw...i would not have bet the flop here. youre not getting anyone out and you only really have 4 outs. it's not even a value bet here. these textures i tend to only bet if i get a piece of the flop. even then it better be a good piece. if i dont get a piece, im looking to fold and see the next hand. though i will bet my draws for value alot of times on this type of table. along with just calling with them.

some stuff to think about

b
Old 05-21-2003, 10:16 PM

You're probably right, the flop missed me. Counting four outs, though, I'm not quite a 14:1 dog to hit me, and the pot was almost 20 large when we got started. With how many players were seeing all the way to the end, the implied odds were huge. Everybody just wanted to beat this player, it seemed like they played anything just wanting to make sure he didn't win.

What I couldn't believe, though, was that everybody folded for 1/4 BB on the river! I've never seen anybody turn down 90:1 odds before.

Unfortunately, our lucky player left after about ten hands and the table came back off tilt, so the game wasn't as good after that.
Old 05-22-2003, 08:16 PM

Whats a value bet?