Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 01:39 AM

Default KK facing minraise

I dont have any real reads on this guy, hes fairly new to the table but hasnt done anything too out of line.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Button ($99.31)
SB ($35.09)
BB ($0)
Hero ($47.74)
MP ($5.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $0.9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $2.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $2.

Flop: ($6.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $8</font>, Hero???

what to do here? reraise? fold? call? plan for turn?

well i flat called (probably the worst option)
Turn: ($22.25) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($22.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $10</font>, Hero???

now i've got myself in a bad spot. what to do?

hows does flop and turn look? feel free to rip this hand up
Old 10-01-2005, 02:00 AM

Default Re: KK facing minraise

I would have re-raised his re-raise. He probably has a flush draw and is trying to either take the pot down or get a free card (most likely the latter). When he checked to you on the turn you picked up some valuable information and you should have bet it big enough to make him seriously think about not chasing that last heart (or if he did have J that his J might not be good enough).
Old 10-01-2005, 02:09 AM

dude u need to fix this post, i have no damn clue what happened here. did u limp raise pre flop and lead or...
Old 10-01-2005, 02:11 AM

I think the raise was to .90 by SB...?
Old 10-01-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dude u need to fix this post, i have no damn clue what happened here. did u limp raise pre flop and lead or...

[/ QUOTE ]

fix what? he led for $1 i reraised to $3. not sure why it says (poster) next to SB tho. im obviously the poster.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have re-raised his re-raise. He probably has a flush draw and is trying to either take the pot down or get a free card (most likely the latter). When he checked to you on the turn you picked up some valuable information and you should have bet it big enough to make him seriously think about not chasing that last heart (or if he did have J that his J might not be good enough).

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt put him on a flush draw here. not very likely given the preflop action, and not many players at NL25 make that move. i had him on AA/QQ/JJ and i only beat one of those hands.

i checked behind on turn because i want to keep the pot smallish with just a pair. he already reraised the flop, and getting check raised on the turn is the worst thing that could happen. anyone else check behind?
Old 10-01-2005, 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont have any real reads on this guy, hes fairly new to the table but hasnt done anything too out of line.

Button ($99.31)
SB ($35.09)
BB ($0)
Hero ($47.74)
MP ($5.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K:spade :, K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10. Hero posts a blind of $0.25. MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333"> SB (poster) raises to $0.9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $2.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $2.

the bold stuff is where i get confused...
Old 10-01-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Button ($99.31)
SB ($35.09)
BB ($0)
Hero ($47.74)
MP ($5.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K:spade :, K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10. Hero posts a blind of $0.25. MP calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333"> SB (poster) raises to $0.9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $2.75</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $2.

the bold stuff is where i get confused...

[/ QUOTE ]

oh my bad.. i had just stacked a guy a few hands before and sat out a rotation while i made a note. i had to post the BB that i missed while i was out. make sense now?
Old 10-01-2005, 02:29 AM

so u limp raised?

as the hand played i think i 3 bet this flop to like 20 and fold to a push. if i do decide to call the flop bet i always call the river bet.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:30 AM

Yuck...I just re-read your initial post and I missed the raising part, yeah I agree he is probably not on a flush draw.

Your not behind QQ on the turn, only AA and JJ...which is why I bet this on the turn. I'd say most jacks stay in this pot, and a lot of people raise this when they think initial raiser missed (i.e. putting you on AQ, AK, etc.) 2.75 is not that huge of a bet anyways pre-flop so I think our hand range is wider than JJ, QQ, AA.