Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Going from 8-tabling to 12-tabling

Seriously, no one should ever play with overlap. Think of how much that costs you. If you're going to be a SNG genius and intend on beating the game, you can not go about it in a half-assed way.

CRT's and a video card do not cost that much. I think that the submitter is really smart to pull out some profit and make this investment.

To the submitter, you might want to remember that you don't need to spend a million dollars on your 3 monitor computer setup if you don't want to. Also, you should make sure it is upgradable to 4 monitors. I 8 table now, and I am contemplating the 12 table jump, but I am putting it off for a while due to the computer upgrade effort, and not wanting to throw off my game for a while.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:42 PM

i 8 table with a 15inch laptop that cant even let me c 2 tables without overlapping. i overlap all 8 tables in my laptop and play fine. im thinking about 12 tabling the 33's or just move to 8 tabling the 55's this upcomming month.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:46 PM

this is my tip. when u move to a new limit, fall back to 4 tabling. dont start 8 tabling a new limit until your comfy. shouldnt take u more then a week.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

BEBOP!)(#*)!@**!@(^*@(^_( name thief. rawr. bebop is teh pwnz. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the 2nd time uve said something about my name. I still have no idea what ur talking about =(.

I love cowboy bebop and I love poker = my sn.

Someone please explain this to me. Brian
Old 09-27-2005, 12:46 AM

speaking of raptor... his grundle is all torn up.

his name on party/empire or some skin was bebop86.... he feels u stole his name.... end of story...
Old 09-27-2005, 12:51 AM

um bump. anyone have any tips, or is it not a big deal?

half this thread is about starcraft and cowboy bebop (which I have nothing against)
Old 09-27-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
speaking of raptor... his grundle is all torn up.

his name on party/empire or some skin was bebop86.... he feels u stole his name.... end of story...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i dont really care, just bein goofy. bebop is the ish, thats all there is too it. everyone should be named bebop. i havent played bebop86 in months anyway. was like my first full time account with crappy 20% rakeback. holla
Old 09-27-2005, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, no one should ever play with overlap. Think of how much that costs you. If you're going to be a SNG genius and intend on beating the game, you can not go about it in a half-assed way.\

[/ QUOTE ]

For some people it is too expensive. I 8-tabled over 3000 SnGs from the 33 - 109 level. I don't have solid ROI numbers for the 33 and 109 level but my 55s was over 15% for over 2000 games. One monitor.

I posted my 1 monitor 8-table setup a few months ago and got flamed pretty bad for it, but it really doesn't make that much of a difference if you have a unique computer background. I'm getting a quad-monitor setup anyways because it is easier and probably slightly better. For SnG's, though, just because you play on one monitor doesn't mean you are going about it in a half-assed way. Of course having no overlap is more effecient and practical, but that doesn't mean that it is 'wrong' to play with it; sometimes just more economical. If someone has tried playing with overlap and has done horribly, then they just don't have the mental experience to do it. That doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, no one should ever play with overlap. Think of how much that costs you. If you're going to be a SNG genius and intend on beating the game, you can not go about it in a half-assed way.\

[/ QUOTE ]

For some people it is too expensive. I 8-tabled over 3000 SnGs from the 33 - 109 level. I don't have solid ROI numbers for the 33 and 109 level but my 55s was over 15% for over 2000 games. One monitor.

I posted my 1 monitor 8-table setup a few months ago and got flamed pretty bad for it, but it really doesn't make that much of a difference if you have a unique computer background. I'm getting a quad-monitor setup anyways because it is easier and probably slightly better. For SnG's, though, just because you play on one monitor doesn't mean you are going about it in a half-assed way. Of course no overlap is more effecient and practical, but that doesn't mean that it is 'wrong' to play with it. If someone has tried playing with overlap and has done horribly, then they just don't have the mental experience to do it. That doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is my old roomate. his setup was ghey. dont listen to him...

ok actually, i kinda like what he did. i had 2 of my old 19" crts sitting on the floor in my closet that he refused to use. his setup worked well for him, and his results were perfectly fine. i flamed him too for the setup though.. i hated it. i KNOW when i was gone he used mine though. i just know it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] holla
Old 09-27-2005, 02:07 AM

Hehe... Dave... I got 3 2001FPs coming in the mail. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm back in TX on Friday...

hollachyason