Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Hand vs Sklansky

haven't read any responses but its an interesting hand. I like the flop and turn play. given his reaction you should check fold the river. when you bet the river you only do it for 2 reasons. to get a worse hand to call or a better hand to fold. The only worse hand that calls is AK and that's only a maybe. What better hands are folding? none. So check. If he has the balls to bet a worse hand he deserves the pot. But think about being in his shoes. He's probably checking behind all hands that you beat + some of the ones that beat you. If he bets this river he is doing it to get an extra bet out of you. 77 and 66 are checking behind. you can safely fold.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:38 AM

if he had 77-55 or TT he'd have raised the turn.

Raising the turn = 2 bets and he can release if he gets reraised.

Call the turn and calling the river = 2 bets and he can get easily outdrawn this way if he's ahead.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:40 AM

who are they good coping bad coping? i mean he is saying hey i am a fan of your books and i particapte in your forum nice to meet you and d.s. basically says i don't give a [censored] don't bother me. i mean maybe this is standard but that shows a total lack of human decency and respect.
dave
Old 09-27-2005, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Would A10o, KQo, and KJs enter the picture, not to mention some other edgier suited connector holdings?

After all, you do have position.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Far be it that I think that everything I say is always going to be 100% on the money, but it's downright ludicrous to believe it's a fishy play to 3-bet from the button with those holdings against someone who very easily can be raising lighter than that.

Barron Vangor Toth
BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]

BVT:

Id ignore him. If hes was joking fine, but if he was serious, he's not ready to understand how retarded his post is.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:41 AM

o yeah and i just wanted to clear up i don't mean he should pretend to be best friends with bk or even know who he was but just say o that is nice, good to meet you. it takes no effort.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:42 AM

If you look at all of his posts they are just retarded pictures in reply to threads. It's clearly some other 2+2er's gimmick account and I wish it would be banned already as I put the gimmick account on ignore a long time ago.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:38 AM

I am somewhat surprised David did not raise the river.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i definitly would raise the river, however with David's somewhat tighter and more predictable range here (and i dont mean this in a bad way, it just seems he is less likely to get out of line here) A lot of people probably don't pay off a raise from him.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

El D,

I don't see enough hands that pay off vs getting 3-bet to make this worth a river raise. Too often this trun bet is a smaller pocket pair or stone cold bluff that will muck the river. And if he did have and over pair, TT-QQ, JJ got there.

As for the way Schneids played the hand, I like the turn bet a lot but I believe a river check is in order and if David values, the muck should be considered.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We are told David thought he was up against a typical overaggressive online player, so he possibly did not feel he could fold to a 3 bet.