Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 04:59 AM

Default Re: Stars $5R - QQ after rebuy period

I'd agree with everyone - this is an easy push. I'd say the BB has a nut flush draw. If it's AA or KK, then you just ran into it and have to pray for a suckout. I would assume AA or KK would have reraised preflop.

Now did you run into TT, 66, or 44? TT maybe, 66, unlikely, 44 unlikely. BB could have JT or AT. You're still ahead.

Don't see you running into two pair post flop either.

I know it's been discussed ad nauseum in other threads but I find HOH II and the inflection points useful. You're way in the green zone. Throwing away this hand is tough and it's not an incorrect call either (like the double negative?).

But definitely push.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:00 AM

Thanks for the good replies Exit and BS.

BS, you described my dilemma pretty well. The stacks are deep, and QQ is not the nuts. However, is this an inflection point, one where I can double or potentially triple up with some luck? Is this the kind of spot where I need to risk it all to give myself a chance of winning the tournament?

I still think that with shallower stacks, this is an instapush, but given all mitigating factors I think this is perhaps marginal enough to fold and not loose any sleep over it.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reads - BB is a super LAG, was gamb00ling with almost any two during rebuy period and still seems to have his foot on the gas. SB has shown down mostly high-card hands (AK, KQ, KTs) and showed some bluffs after large overbets during rebuy period.

[/ QUOTE ]

You worked hard to have solid reads on the table, now have faith in them.

SB had a big stack and was looking to flop a big hand, but he almost certainly didn't (except for monsters under the bed theory). BB likely has a flush draw or a pair less than QQ

Easy call and if it holds up you're in position to make a run at winning a tournament.