Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: I Am One of the Five Percent Who Lose ;---(((
Yes 37 100.00%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2005, 04:01 AM

Default Can not create another account on shared platform!?

Borrowed friend's computer to get started playing internet poker. First I registered on Party Poker. It was later suggested I play on Empire's site. I tried to register but wasn't allowed to. The site messaged me: cannot create another account on a shared poker platform. I thought I would just uninstall Party Poker then reregister on Empire; the same message occured. I then e-mailed Empire to get a response to my inability to register on their site. This is where I get totally confused: Empire responds by e-mail to my friend who lent me an extra computer on which he played poker, the same message I recieved--cannot create another account on a shared poker platform.
It seems to me Empire is confusing me with my friend but I don't know how. Please suggest a solution so that I can register on Empire.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:09 AM

Default Re: Can not create another account on shared platform!?

Problem must be that your computer has been IDed somehow with his Empire profile. The software does not want to let you create a new ID, and when you e-mailed them through the software, it showed up as having been from his old e-mail account which was registered with the Empire profile.

You're going to need to uninstall Empire from your computer, and reinstall it. Likely there are some registry entries that need to be deleted manually if uninstall/reinstall does not do it. you'll need to talk to empire's technical support to get the exact location of the keys you'll need to remove.

good luck.