Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2004, 03:04 AM

Default pretty ugly card so is this any easy fold/call?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $5.
UTG calls, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks,

Flop: (3.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (7.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero ???
Old 08-28-2004, 04:15 AM

Default Re: pretty ugly card so is this any easy fold/call?

unless you have a very specific reason, as opposed to "this is party 5-10 6-max and they play like a pack of rabid dogs" you have an easy fold.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:34 AM

I dont understand why this is an easy fold.
I think his hand is good often enough to call.

Would you please elaborate on this JR?
Old 08-28-2004, 04:47 AM

Uh, I thought the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] was the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

I'll vote call with 8.7 BBs in the pot, as I gotta think UTG raises the flop with a 6, no one has 53, 85 would have raised the turn and a turned flush draw might have raised. UTG's river play could prossibly mesh with a passively played 6, maybe more so I a full game, but that's not the MO for most with top pair on the flop in this game. UTG doesn't have an overpair not does he have a seven given the turh check-call. I think this bet looks suspiscously like a missed draw or pair of threes, fours or twos, as all he did was call postflop and then come to life when the top card on the flop paired on the river, which doesn't jive to well with how I would expect top pair to be played on the flop. Maybe it is runner-runner hearts but you win more than 1/9th of the time here, and maybe the bb obvercalls with a worse hand. I fold if the BB check-raises.

Go Argentina.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:09 AM

I also think this is an easy call.
Probably fold to a C/R from the BB unless you have a specific reason not to.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:59 AM

Default Result

Well I called and the BB folded.

UTG showed Th5h and my massive sevens were no good.

The pot was pretty big and I didn't figure UTG for a 6 so I thought this was a call. What made me start to question the call was the BB? What in the world is he betting on the flop then check calling the turn.